New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Guys, I need help! I've been assessing SUVs for the last 2 weeks and have finally trimmed down my choices to these 3. My budget is 1.6M max. Below are what I've gathered so far.

Sorento 2.4 EX A/T Gas 7 Seater
    Pros = Push Start, Auto Climate Control, Nice ride
    Cons = Most expensive at 1.69M (but dealer is offering 70k d/c)

Sta. Fe 2.4 Gas A/T (high specs), 7 seater
    Pros = Great exteriors, has cooling for drinks, great value for money at 1.468M
    Cons = 3rd gen may come out next year w/c will significantly devaluate its value.

Sportage 4x2 A/T Gas Premium
    Pros = New design (launched May 2011 only), Fully loaded, cheapest among the 3 at 1.358M
    Cons = 5 seater, smallest among the 3 options.

Can you please share me your vote/choice?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My pick would be the Kia Sorento 2.4EX A/T Gas 7-str.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Renzo,
    Can you please expound why?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You considered two 7-seaters, meaning, there's a chance -- even little -- that you would be in need for extra seats. Thus, the Sportage is then out of the context. Unless, of course, you would want to have your passengers sandwiched on the 2nd row benches. Moreover, the Santa Fe has now a possibility of being replaced soon, and as you stated, it would gradually depreciate its value and image, and personally, comparing it with the Sorento, the Santa Fe is already way below " good looks " .. yes, it may be a value for money but then, there are other SUVs to choose from which is already quite at par with the Santa Fe ( talking `bout the Sorento here )

Also, power is not already an issue. The Santa Fe you considered was the Theta II, not the R-eVGT which is known to be a beast in terms of output. Meaning, the power of the SF if compared with the Sorento is more or less just the same. You just, at the end of the day, pay for other things such as features and looks. And having said that the Sorento looks better, it's down to features and I believe being sister companies with Hyundai's, the features would be also commendable. And that, I believe, justifies already the difference on the price of the two.

Goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Have to agree with Renzos reasoning...I would have opt for a Sorrento too If I had been in your shoes. I don't just really knew if it is true according to one Korean gray importer which I had talked to a week ago ..Sorrento is the much sought after and priciest amongst its class in Korea. A factor too for me is it's rarity compare to others on the road.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks renzo and jiggs for the feedback!
    i guess there's two votes for sorento now.

btw, i'm not in need of a 7-seater as i usually drive to work alone. iyong may 5-seater and 7-seater option lang naman is the sorento, and i chose the 7-seater because of its perks over the 5-seater with such a minimal price difference.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kia Sorento 2.4 EX A/T na. If you don't need the extra 2 seats, kahit 5-seater nalang tapos CRDi para mas ma-enjoy mo.

BTW, yung Sportage, yan yung dress/f*ck up unit ano? Wag ka kukuha ng mga ganyan, masyado lang sila taga sa price ng accessories tapos sasabihin pa sa'yo top of the line daw. Idiots.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Whoa, looks like hands down Sorento na ito!

SG, tama ka! Eto nga iyong premium ng Sportage with all the accessories installed.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Another thing with the Sportage, ang bilis dim dumami, mabuti nalang rare yung color na kinuha ko..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can get the Xtrail 4x4 or the new Fortuner para rare rin. Next year pa kasi yun new CRV.

Between the 3, Sorento rin. But if you will get the REVGT Sta Fe, this will be the best pick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sorento vs Sta. Fe vs Sportage