New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Which should I get? 2008 Jazz 1.5A/T or 1.3A/T?

There's a 50 Thousand price difference. Primary concern is fuel consumption but i don't want to get M/T. Getting the top of the line is tempting for adding only 50 thousand.
    Last edited by cablespy; September 29th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ganda ng brand new jazz. 50thou lang price difference between the 1.3AT and 1.5 A/Ttop of the line.

Which should I get? Will the fuel consumption be a big difference? how about long term maintenance?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With a 50K difference I would personally go for the 1.5. But thats me, some people argue that 1.3 has better fuel economy and they have a point but it dpeneds from person to person for me a 1.5 is good enough for me fuel efficiency wise.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.3 AT.

Spend the change on leather seats.

Consider not only the base price... but the price of running the car. The 1.5 will consume more gas, has more expensive tires (16 versus 15 inch), will need slightly more oil per oil change (probably very slight) and will cost slightly more to insure.

The only thing you get for that extra money is 20 hp more power. Not a big deal considering both cars are automatics, and if you're buying an automatic, you're not buying it for the speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.3 AT.

Spend the change on leather seats.

Consider not only the base price... but the price of running the car. The 1.5 will consume more gas, has more expensive tires (16 versus 15 inch), will need slightly more oil per oil change (probably very slight) and will cost slightly more to insure.

The only thing you get for that extra money is 20 hp more power. Not a big deal considering both cars are automatics, and if you're buying an automatic, you're not buying it for the speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If i'd get the 1.3L AT. I'd get the 1.5L na lang.

For 50K, another 20hp, power folding mirrors, signal repeaters and 16" rims are very attractive to me. Should you get the 1.3L for 50K then come the time na gusto mo mag upgrade ng rims, dun palang parang medyo olats na.

Should you get the 1.5L and decided to change rims to even bigger one, mas ok pa din kase mas malaki ang trade in value ng 16" kesa sa 15" rims ng 1.3L.

Pero wala pa din talo sa 1.3L kung yun man ang kunin mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would also go for the 1.3. imho, the 200 displacement difference does not matter in city driving.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    If the one and only consideration is fuel consumption, then the 1.3MT with 15" tires wins it hands down.

But the question is between a 1.3AT and 1.5AT so allow me to share what made me chose the latter when I was initially shopping for the former.

Like me, you're probably tired of the stop-and-go traffic in Manila so an A/T is a must. But like me, you're probably frustrated at Honda for pricing the 1.3AT and 1.5AT so closely. I guess, in the end, the desire to save on fuel lost out to what 50,000 buys you (arranged in no particular order of importance):

1. 20 more horses
    - maybe you need this when you have 4 passengers and you're going up a really steep incline

2. Storm Metallic color
    - unique to the 1.5AT
    - for me, better than white, blue, red, black due to the inherent issues with maintaining those colors

3. security alarm

4. power-folding side mirrors
    - hehehe aliw

5. rear/side garnishes and different front grill (sorry I don't know the right term)

6. 16" aluminum allow wheels (you look nicer but at the expense of FC)

7. drive-by-wire and paddle shifters

8. front seat height adjuster

If all of the above doesn't appeal to you, then the 1.3AT would be the smarter choice. Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    If I may add, I wish that the 1.5AT had the following options:

1. fog lamps

2. USB connector for iPods

3. moon roof

4. tonneau cover

5. ceiling mounted connection for rear 3rd seat belt

6. driver seat folding arm rest

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the 1.5L A/T, yeah it'll consume a bit more fuel but it will still be more fuel efficient than some other cars out there. The added features also makes it a worthwhile purchase.

bigbigcar.com Review: Chery QQ3 1.1 MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which should I get? Jazz 1.5A/T or 1.3A/T