New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The aveo's always been edged out by the likes of the yaris, swift and jazz in all the comparos. The main complaint? the lackluster power delivered by its powerplant. I personally think that the way the chevy emblem was attached on the front end is... weird.

Besides, what happens to the after-sales if GM files a chapter 11 bankruptcy?

And every manufacturer has its own share of lemon units. Even toyota and honda.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kelangan ba talagang brand new?

a 2nd hand altis would be good, or a 2nd hand FD civic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    alto and aveo, mismatch. they are wearing different shoes. aveo is in subcompact class already whilst alto is in kei class. you compare alto with hyundai i10, getz, kia picanto..and aveo with those mentioned by others, jazz, vios, yaris, etc
    A person can compare anything he wants imho. Like me, I compared the innova and the mazda and chose the one that is better suited for my needs.

*OP: so ayun, ano ba ung needs ninyo ni misis? is it a bigger body, is it better FC? Mataas na gas ngayon, so if you want FC.. go for alto. If you want a bigger body, go for aveo.

Pero right now, I wouldnt go for aveo no matter what. GM is near collapse. You might get orphaned.

Tungkol naman sa pag-ahon, kung ung 120cc motor nga nakaka-ahon yung 600cc car pa kaya. Lalo na magisa lang nmn ata sya at magaan nmn kaha ng alto (btw: Sa japan madaming alto. Normal second car duon. )

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    kelangan ba talagang brand new?

a 2nd hand altis would be good, or a 2nd hand FD civic.
    + 1 here. Just get a 2nd hand sedan, rather than having those two units as your options.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if you wanna go brand new check out the prices of the yaris and the mitsu lancer 1.6 a/t baka pumasok sa budget mo. go for a test drive. vios 1.3 is cheaper than the 2 afaik but its m/t

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    hi guys, i am so HAPPY reading all your comments and suggestions. i dont know how to thank you for being so pro-active in helping me with my dilema.

i also want to consider a 2nd hand cars but i guess a brand new one will be good enough para walang problema si misis (under 5yrs warranty).

the car will be use by my wife and 2 kids plus 2 yayas. di kaya hirap ang ALTO sa matarik na paakyat? or should i know consider SWIFT? hehehe di ko lang alam kung kakayanin ng budget yung swift pero bahala na

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    hmmm kaya ba mag suzuki swift?
    SWIFT looks OK too. thanks again sir for the suggestion Sir.

i was actually thinking of it after going through all car manufacturers websites.
    hehehe as if you've read my mind.

worry ko lang po is the safety of SWIFT on side-impact? mga bata po kasi ang sakay so im very particular on the car's safety or endurance or vehicular accidents.
    ang dami kasing driver "kuno" ng mga jeepneys at bus.

will inform my wife about SWIFT and see if she will like it.
    does SUZUKI also provide a test-drive on swift??

i havent read any complains or issues from SWIFT owners and it looks like this could be the one... my wife will surely like it though (but not sure if she will like the price as well hehehe)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the inside of the swift is kinda tight. for more legroom check out the yaris. but with that number of passengers you are better off with a sedan or something larger

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yes masikip nga ang swift. the trunk space is just cramp. not sure with the crash rating of swift. yes syempre may test drive talaga ang zook.

sir jrebong0, yes i know..but comparing cars not in the same class may outcome another in which it will be unfair for the "another". imagine comparing a honda civic with a strada or any SUV? the car can't go to places the suv can. but the suv on the other hand will never handle like a car. but yes anyone can compare anything depending on his/her needs.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    naku pasensya na po mga Sir sa confussions. i didn't mean to compare ALTO and AVEO. sorry po.

i just want to give my wife a car that she can drive with our kids and 2 yayas.

actually po she prefers the 2 kasi mini-car type at madali para sa kanya i-drive.

i work abroad kasi kaya sya ang magda-drive ng car on day to day basis (going to prep school, office vis-a-vis).

if SWIFT is really that cramp on the back-seat... should i just turn to Yaris? (which my wife might agree except that we are in tight budget)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
should i get AVEO or ALTO?