New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Guys need advice lang. now that I have the funds, I would want to get a sentra. Budget ko sana is 160k. pero plan ko sana is to get a car lower than 120k since may paggagamitan din ako ng 40-50k. cars available are the sentra b13 and b14 (or the series 2-eccs and the series 3 respectively). anong advice nyo guys? b13s are cheaper kasi and from other posts in here mas powerful ang engine (b13's GA16DE 110hp vs. b14's GA16DNE 105hp) so meaning, baka mas matipid sa gas ang b13. b13s are timing chain equipped na din yata. the only thing that keeps me from going for the b13 is the b14's newer body style.

also, kung mas bago ang kotse, mas ok di ba? so what do you suggest me to get? a b13 a/t or a b14 a/t? ok lang kaya kunin yung b13 over the b14? your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At the age of the cars in your budget, I wouldn't suggest any AT. But if you really have to, get the newer car. Differences in maximum power don't mean much when your car will hardly ever rev to the 6000 rpms or so it would require to get to it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    newer one in good condition.

manual ka nalang baka mahirapan ka sa maintenance ng >10 year old a/t car.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    At the age of the cars in your budget, I wouldn't suggest any AT. But if you really have to, get the newer car. Differences in maximum power don't mean much when your car will hardly ever rev to the 6000 rpms or so it would require to get to it.

actually, im trying to get an automatic pero kahit ako, nag-iisip kung ganun na kaluma yung car. pero lets say i'd get the manual, which of the two do you think i should get? is the series 3 really a better car than the series 2?

im really into getting at least a 95/96 series 3 pero if there's no much difference kung series 2 kukunin ko, i might get the series 2... pero as i've said, mas gusto ko nga sana talaga series 3 until some friends told me na it's relatively the same nga raw. kung wala lang kasi akong budget considerations, series 3 na talaga eh. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    the series 2 looks nice din naman. kung dun lang fit budget mo go for it. just pick the best you can find. mas-classic sakin tignan ang s2 vs series 3 sentra

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    the series 2 looks nice din naman. kung dun lang fit budget mo go for it. just pick the best you can find. mas-classic sakin tignan ang s2 vs series 3 sentra
    sabi nga nila, mas ok daw yung series 2. "Best Sentra released in the Philippines" daw yun eh. dami din mapag kukunan ng parts since may Nissan Tsuru pa (B13 Sentra) sa latin america... pero ewan ko ba... nakakalito actually eh... hahaha

sir niky, positive at negative sa 2 tsikot? experiences mo with both? thanks mga bro!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mag b14 ka na lang pos M/T

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by evs_13 View Post
    mag b14 ka na lang pos M/T
    OT sa sarili kong post pero sir niky, what do you think of the U13 (ba yun?) Altima? di ba SR20DE makina nun? if you'd get a manual transmission version nun, tingin mo ok?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All things being equal, I'd get the B14 in MT... parts are almost exactly the same between the two cars (engine, transmission, suspension (except for the beam axle in the rear)... the B13 has a keen balance, but the B14 body is much stiffer (and there's more space inside...). Also, take note of the condition of the aircon... it's a b**** to fix if it breaks. That, more than anything, is a good reason to get a later Sentra. But if you've got the extra money for fixing it up, a B13 ECCS Sentra (especially if you can find one with complete trim and stock mags) is quite a looker... much like an 89-92 Corolla FX.

A U13 Altima would be nice... great engine... decent car... but parts will be rather difficult to find unless you live close to Banaue. A Sentra would be easier to maintain.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Sentras