of 900K? I know the obvious choices
    are the following:

1. new civic
    2. new corolla
    3. new lancer

am helping my brother. he is still single
    and he is a lawyer. he wants it to be
    sporty but of course, he still wants
    something which is befitting his profession.

gusto nga sana niya yung lumang model
    ng mazda6 kaya lang 1.2M. wala kayang
    promo ang mazda ngayon for the old 6?

your inputs are greatly needed and
    appreciated.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what? maganda lahat ng choices niya, it will only depend na lang kung ano ang personal choice niya...I mean tell him to go visit dealers and see for himself yun mga cars....subjective kasi kung ibang tao magsasabi...I mean maganda sa amin and yet hinde naman niya type...

so best thing to do is to actually see the cars in person...

but anyway, civic gets my vote..just bec I owned one and hinde ko pa nakikita ng actual yun lancer and corolla...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Civic FD. Looks, performance, relative ease of accessorizing, pride of ownership and several years down the line, great resale value. Hope your brother is able to choose what's best for him.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I guess this is slightly OT since you specified "Sedans" in your thread title, but why not consider the Kia Carens as well? The Carens is an MPV that has a SUV-like style. It's a 5-seater with a third row fold-down seats that can convert this vehicle to a 7-seater when needed.

The LX CRDi M/T variant is only P885K (may even be slightly lower, depending on your negotiating skills with the SA) but it has all the power and amenities of the sedans you mentioned - a powerful 2.0L CRDi engine with VGT, power windows, mirrors, doorlocks, etc., awesome interiors with a lot of cubbyholes and cupholders and such. It's IMHO a good value for money.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks for the replies!

actually wala pa naman siyang choice.
    the cars that I mentioned are just the
    cars that I suggested to him which I
    know are around the 900K budget. so
    I was hoping if anyone can suggest
    any other cars which you think will
    fit into his budget.

this is actually not a comparison.
    but just more of plain, old seeking
    of advice.

thanks guys!
    really appreciate your thoughts!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since lawyer sya maybe the 10th gen Corolla would look best for him, you know the conservative looking of the Corolla really fits... the Civic is too sporty for a lawyer But for me I would also pick the Civic FD hands down. The new Lancer looks good but mabaho name ng Mitsu sa Pilipinas and the reliability of the old Lancers (especially their suspension) are suspect so I dunno if they have fixed the reliability issues of Lancer's. And going back to looks the Lancer is even more sportier than the Civic FD....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i also like the carens but it seems like
    its not a "bachelor's car" if ever there
    was such a term. hehehe.

thanks sir! i'll still suggest it to him.
    i'll tell him to look further into the
    future when he already has a wife
    and kids. hehehe. anyway, pwede
    pa rin naman gawing sporty yung
    carens.

Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    I guess this is slightly OT since you specified "Sedans" in your thread title, but why not consider the Kia Carens as well? The Carens is an MPV that has a SUV-like style. It's a 5-seater with a third row fold-down seats that can convert this vehicle to a 7-seater when needed.

The LX CRDi M/T variant is only P885K (may even be slightly lower, depending on your negotiating skills with the SA) but it has all the power and amenities of the sedans you mentioned - a powerful 2.0L CRDi engine with VGT, power windows, mirrors, doorlocks, etc., awesome interiors with a lot of cubbyholes and cupholders and such. It's IMHO a good value for money.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by laracroft View Post
    i also like the carens but it seems like
    its not a "bachelor's car" if ever there
    was such a term. hehehe.

thanks sir! i'll still suggest it to him.
    i'll tell him to look further into the
    future when he already has a wife
    and kids. hehehe. anyway, pwede
    pa rin naman gawing sporty yung
    carens.

Hehehe.. yeah, tell him that i'm a lawyer too and the Carens is quite classy, befitting our profession... Heheh... of course, I have a wife and two kids kaya Carens yung kukunin ko. :D

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    kung sa altis 08 at civic sa civic pa din ako, compared kasi sa difference ng prev versions to the present one mas malaki yung sa civic, nasa TQA ako halos half day last saturday parang face lifted lang yung altis 08 ilang beses ko sinakyan at minsadan, tapos nag motorcade pa sila...

about sa new mitsu lancer wala pa akong experience pero di na kasya yung 900k na budget maski sa entry level since ang alam ko 900k + sya....

read mo rin ito baka makatulong

http://www.motioncars.com/front/03.07.2008_01/index.htm

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    another possible choice other than a sedan based sa price could be the tucson or the strada 4x2. he might need some extra space for the volume of paperwork or law books he'll be shuttling around. or the go-anywhere ability to reach far-away court rooms or prisons to visit clients (lalo na kung sa munti).

pero kung sedan talaga, mazda3 hatch for me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Sedans under 900K?