New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Kung deep pocket, instead na bumili ng 2nd hand, mas preferred na bumili na ng brand new, kasi sa 1M, ang laki na ng DP..
    nasa 45-60%.. yung monthly.. mababa na..

Hindi naman masama mag "Loan" as long as na good payer.. at cleared lahat ng credit liabilities.. mas mataas ang credit line..

In reality, fuel efficient, maintenance factor(s) hindi lang sa mechanical, even sa financial..

ang sasakyan kasi, labas lagi ang pera.. maliban lang kung gagamitin for PUV or Exclusive Vehicle for meeting..

Ang ending, merong "Profit" ang sasakyan..

Profits? Certainly not in his case, since he will use it as a DD from home to office and vice versa. I agree with you buying brand new if you can afford it, unless you know the previous owner and how the car maintained and used.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Also have a budget of 1m and I'm looking at a pajero bk 2012 diesel and a montero gls mt 4x4 2016. The car we'll get will be used mostly on weekends and holidays( as well as a coding car) i.e. it will be a family outing car.

The bk currently has around 82k mileage, all stock, and is being sold by the owner who is making space for a van since they need the bigger car. He's asking for 1.05m tbough I think I can get it at 1m flat.

The montero is being sold by a bayan seller, has 30k on the odo and is still in the name of Mitsubishi Corp. The seller says its the former vip car of mitsu execs, but I think its more probable that it's a demo/test drive unit that was disposed by mitsu in lots (the bayan seller has already acquired and sold quite a few similar units). The last price of the seller is at 1.05m.

I'd love to get the pajero with its better shoulder room and more imposing presence, but I'm being held back by the thought that the montero might be the more practical car in the long run.

May I hear your thoughts on this?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    May 2017 or 2018 Sportage sa OLX.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel_04 View Post
    Also have a budget of 1m and I'm looking at a pajero bk 2012 diesel and a montero gls mt 4x4 2016. The car we'll get will be used mostly on weekends and holidays( as well as a coding car) i.e. it will be a family outing car.

The bk currently has around 82k mileage, all stock, and is being sold by the owner who is making space for a van since they need the bigger car. He's asking for 1.05m tbough I think I can get it at 1m flat.

The montero is being sold by a bayan seller, has 30k on the odo and is still in the name of Mitsubishi Corp. The seller says its the former vip car of mitsu execs, but I think its more probable that it's a demo/test drive unit that was disposed by mitsu in lots (the bayan seller has already acquired and sold quite a few similar units). The last price of the seller is at 1.05m.

I'd love to get the pajero with its better shoulder room and more imposing presence, but I'm being held back by the thought that the montero might be the more practical car in the long run.

i go with the pajero, though its old but still way premium than the montero. and in the long run, pajero commands much much higher resale value than the montero. with your 1m, i better get a brand new montero na lang

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

if the pros and cons just about come out equal,
    i'd test drive and get the one that offers the better overall driving pleasure.

but i agree,
    over the years, pajero seems to hold its price better, if re-selling it later is in the decision-making process.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Pajero is rather high mileage already. An age difference of 4 years and over 50k kms is rather significant. There is also pretty much nothing that the Pajero has that the Montero does not have, besides the prestige of the name. Of course there is the matter of transmission preference, as the A/T Pajero would be easier to drive in traffic.

Bottomline, A/T comforts plus great resale value = Pajero. Though I consider the much younger Montero, also with 4x4, and a still decent resale value to be a pretty good deal, especially if the car will be kept for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the pros and cons just about come out equal,
    i'd test drive and get the one that offers the better overall driving pleasure.

but i agree,
    over the years, pajero seems to hold its price better, if re-selling it later is in the decision-making process.
    Right now my pleasure is seeing my family comfortable. Which is why didn't distinguish between a three pedal rower and a matic. I also plan to keep it for keeps.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Pajero is rather high mileage already. An age difference of 4 years and over 50k kms is rather significant. There is also pretty much nothing that the Pajero has that the Montero does not have, besides the prestige of the name. Of course there is the matter of transmission preference, as the A/T Pajero would be easier to drive in traffic.

Bottomline, A/T comforts plus great resale value = Pajero. Though I consider the much younger Montero, also with 4x4, and a still decent resale value to be a pretty good deal, especially if the car will be kept for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    One thing the montero doesn't have is the shoulder room.. I'd describe the shoulder room of montero as snug.

Yeah I'm pretty sure a 4x4 manual montero will not lack for buyers here in the Cordilleras.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    * sir monty_GTV yup I'm contemplating getting a BN montero or Innova and calling it a day. The reason I'm looking at preowned cars is that I feel, with a lot of patience, I can get more car for my money with preowned ones.

* sir dr. D thanks for your input. I'm also scouting around for one of your default recom, an Innova. Although with the 2nd hand prices for it, it seems much wiser and simpler to get a brand new one.

* sir GTI I get what you mean about the BK's age.
    You know its nice because I originally wanted to send my post as a pm to you but was unable to do so because your inbox was full. It seems there are a lot like me who want to get you advice.
    There's another prospect I'm looking at which just might be a much better option- a brand new Montero GLS MT 4X4 with a very nice discount(438k). I'll know tomorrow if its still available.

Ps: my apologies for the consecutive posts. I was looking for the option to quote multiple posts or to edit but could not seem to find it. I could only edit this post which has no qoutes.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    * sir monty_GTV yup I'm contemplating getting a BN montero or Innova and calling it a day. The reason I'm looking at preowned cars is that I feel, with a lot of patience, I can get more car for my money with preowned ones.
    either of your choices are capable up in cordilleras. there is always pros and cons in buying preowned. just like you said, you save money as you don't pay for the depreciation cost but there is always the stigma associated with used vehicles. but if you are patient enough to find a good unit, then go for it. goodluck with your purchase[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast