New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    We are currently looking for a new van... my mom is eyeing for Starex, my brother and i like Hiace instead...

I think Toyota is a lot more convinient when it comes to part and mechanics...

some say hiace is makalampag daw, some say Starex is not as good as toyota daw, can you help us decide please...

and also Hiace Commuter has 15 seating capacity while grandia has 11.? can someone atleast post a picture of the interior of commuter vs grandia?

also which one is fuel efficient? starex, commuter, grandia?

our other concern also is roomy interior... thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48396

sir batusai, this is the thread about Toyota Hi-Ace Super Grandia vis-a-vis Hyundai Grand Starex Gold.

AFAIK, kaya nga tinawag na commuter ang Toyota Hi-Ace Commuter kasi people-carrier siya that's why it's seating arrangement is from front-back and it's a bit cramped. the higher trims of Hi-Ace have less seats for cargo space and for more comfort.

with the Hyundai Grand Starex, there is a choice between 10-seater & 12-seater. at mas mataas na trim ang 10-seater than the 12-seater dahil din sa comfort at cargo space.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For me, the only time I would consider the Hi-Ace is when I need a LOT of space.

When comparing the high-end versions, Super Grandia and Gold/HVX, the Hi-Ace has a much roomier feel, because of its ref shape. When you compare the Commuter vs any Starex trim, obviously the Commuter has more seats. But you see, it's quantity vs quality. If I don't carry 15 people often, I would just pick the Starex. For the times that I need to carry 15, then just bring another car. A common consumer problem is that they always think that they'll be using the car in extreme conditions (off road, heavy loading, lots of passengers, etc) all the time, when in fact they'll be sacrificing the cars that actually suit them better in everyday situations. A lot of people buy big heavy SUVs because they think they might go off road. But really 90% of these people, the "off-roading" they do can be done with a sedan. Or a 1963 Opel Kadett as shown in Top Gear .

Anyway, back to topic. I'd pick the Starex anytime over the Hi-Ace.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    There are threads here about hiace vs. starex. most of them goes for starex since it is better, try searching for those threads and see if you agree with the people.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Kindly go to the existing HI-ACE vs STAREX thread.

Link was already posted.

Closing this thread.

Seating capacity and spacious?