New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennt View Post
    kung ako papapiliin.. optima na lang boss.. pero kung gusto ng safe choice.. go for camry ;)
    If you have time, book test drives with toyota, hyundai, kia and nissan. Then just weigh the pros and cons. I doubt they will have a test drive unit for the camry though. I remember asking 2 weeks ago, mahaba ang pila.

That being said, it means that the camry is well trusted / has proven itself so pinaka safe choice siya. Pero for me the deciding factor was that the car should be enjoyable to drive and has ample features since its an executive sedan.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Euro II/Euro IV difference is not a factor. The factor is how clean and pure the gasolines are. Basically, you don't want a GDI if you don't drive it more than once a week/month. You want to cycle through the gasoline regularly to prevent deposits and varnish from forming in the high pressure pump or fuel rail.

In other words, an "italian tune-up" every now and then is a good idea.

-

Resale value? If you're looking at midisizers, resale value is nearly non-existent. Even for the Camry. Big car, big engine, big fuel consumption, no takers secondhand. If you want good resale, you'll be looking at seven-seat SUVs and crossovers. If you can stretch to just over 2m, the Explorer is the real deal. If not, the Sorento should give you what you're looking for in terms of luxury, with a taller cabin and more road presence than in a sedan.

-

Amongst your choices, the Teana is, unsurprisingly, the most luxurious. The Accord is bigger and rides just as well, but the interior is not quite as posh. The current Camry is a bit cut-price inside compared to the old one (though yes, the features are still reasonable), the Koreans have flashy interior design, but not quite that "old-school" luxury feel.

The Suzuki Kizashi is an odd one out. Extremely cheap, but it's on the small side, and since it's cheap, it lacks somewhat in toys. Still... a lot of car for the money.

Want something that drives like a BMW in this price range, it's the Mazda6. Great leather. Germanic interior and refinement. 11-speaker BOSE. Great handling and driving... but it's a bit too "boy-racer" for most.

The Accord is always a safe choice. It's not as sporty as it used to be, but it has a huge interior, nice interior quality, a smooth ride and some great engines.

The Camry is still a good car. Nice interior, subtle yet handsome exterior, good engines. They've improved the look of the dashboard a whole lot... no longer "super-lolo" looking... and I like the stitcheed leather... but the rear seat is a bit of a let-down compared to the previous one, which had more passenger controls. But... you still get a lot of passenger goodies in the back...

The Sonata is a great value... sporty looking, good ride, nice interior, fantastic dual sunroofs, great six speed automatic. Though it doesn't drive as sportily as the looks suggest, it's a good driving car with no vices. Back seat not quite as expansive as the CamCords, but still good enough.

The Optima... no comment. Haven't driven it yet. But if it compares to the Sonata like the Rio compares to the Accent, it'll be more refined, more sporty and more posh.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    why do you like the gdi version when our fuel here is very dirty.
    Hmmm... I wonder how the new 2012 Ford Focus 2.0 GDI will cope?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder how the new 2012 Ford Focus 2.0 GDI will cope?
    ^ Me too.
    As for the "dirt" thingy well that's the job for the fuel filter. Ang inala-ala ko lang ay ang varnish deposit that Niky is saying above. Kailangan ang "Italian tune-up" eh matraffic naman, hindi makapag pabilis ng takbo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    you could never go wrong with a camry.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005

Teana 350XV

based on my emotional choice (as long as V6 powered rivals are among the choices)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'd also go for the Teana. It's probably more comfortable than my bed. Just wish it had black interiors like Taiwan and China. The rest, you can test drive or at least sit inside to get an experience. The little things might become your deciding factor in the long run.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    teana. very comfortable and lots of features. mas bihira pa sa sonata. camry is also good. sure ka talaga dito na tatagal, lexus-like pa ang harap

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    teana. very comfortable and lots of features. mas bihira pa sa sonata. camry is also good. sure ka talaga dito na tatagal, lexus-like pa ang harap
    Very comfortable talaga ang Teana.. Upuan palang.. ahay.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the teana is a great executive sedan yon nga lang the totl version is well above 2M, for that price i'd get a luxury suv na lang.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast