New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't think there would be a problem anymore with GDi vehicles. Ang dami na ng bagong GDi na pumapasok eh. Just look at Ford Explorer Ecoboost, new Ford Focus 2.0, and Mazda CX5. And then there's the huge number of grey market Hyundai Veloster's. Not to mention that Audi's FSI and TFSI vehicles have been here for quite some time now.

Open to grey market options? Get the Optima 2.0T GDi. According to Sulit ads, Autoaccess sells it for 1.8M SRP. 2.0L with 275hp FTW!

If you run lots of highway, get the Accord V6. VCM gives the most benefits here. With relaxed highway driving, you can actually get double digit FC figures! At city driving though, there wouldn't be much of a difference, especially if your daily route is very congested. Expect 4-6km/L for this one.

All of the 2.4's are relatively thirsty. Expect 5-6+km/L on average for all of them. Might as well get the best looking and most loaded ones. Sonata or Optima, depending on your taste.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    But aren't the locally distributed vehicles with GDi engines detuned to cope with our Euro 2 fuel whereas those who are imported by grey market dealers are in as-is condition?

Besides, isn't the local Sonata already enough? Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Ohh i see thats a lot of horses for optima, is kia after sales good? casa / shops can work with new kia models?
    To be honest we dont need too much hp because traffic here is terrible.
    For updates, accord, sonata, teana (mom has doubts on kia) are on list.

No offence meant to kia(owners-related)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    As of now wala pa yung 2.0T Optima in local dealers, grey market palang ang meron. 180hp 2.4 MPI palang ang nasa local dealers, although ang mura niyan as it undercuts the similarly equipped Sonata by roughly 100k.

Mom has doubts on Kia? Sabihin pareho lang naman sila ng may-ari ngayon ng Hyundai. In fact they use the same engines and platforms...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd recommend the Camry 2.5V, if you want an executive sedan that you won't have to worry about for the next 5 years or so.

You've got pretty simple requirements anyway:

1. Comfort - it's a Camry, this is its main purpose. Features are compelling enough, and compared to the Sonata, the Camry isolates you more from the chaotic world outside your windows.

2. Reliability - since the current Camry is still based on the platform of the one it replaced, which proved to be reliable through its half-decade run, I'd go as far as saying that you shouldn't be expecting any major problems with this one.

3. Reasonable consumption - you have the budget for a sedan that's close to 2M in price, I'm actually wondering why you still care about this. In any case, the Camry's old 2.4 engine is more efficient than that in the Sonata/Optima, but since the engine's a new 2.5L unit, it's hard to tell for sure.

4. Maintenance - it's a Toyota, so compared to other brands, it should be cheaper. But since this is an executive sedan, be prepared to pay much more than you would with a Vios or Altis.

If you're a little more daring though, you should take a long, hard look at the Optima - it's just as well-kitted as the Sonata, but is fresher. At less than 1.5M, it's a lot cheaper than the Camry.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thank you for all your comments
    I forgot to add the camry hehehe.
    Information noted, we will also see those units in the flesh.
    If you have inputs please dont hesitate to share.

I appreciate your feed backs, hopefully we can hear also from owners...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I do not own any of the models above, but I'd like to share what I know with midsize sedans with the '05 2.4 Accord and '04 3.0 Accord in our family. The current Accord uses a more updated version of the same K24 engine, and the V6 version is basically a bigger version of our J30 engine. If you look beyond the less-than-appealing FC (6km/L on average for the 2.4, and 5km/L on average for the 3.0) Maintenance is quite cheap, actually. 10000kms between oil changes, and just a few liters of motor oil. As of now, no major parts have yet to be replaced besides the usual consumables. That is to say, all suspension and major engine parts are still the original ones from the factory. And yet there is not a creaking sound to be heard anywhere. It goes without saying that performance is really good, handling is excellent, and ride quality is really good, filtering out pretty much all road imperfections.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    But aren't the locally distributed vehicles with GDi engines detuned to cope with our Euro 2 fuel whereas those who are imported by grey market dealers are in as-is condition?

Besides, isn't the local Sonata already enough? Hehe.
    Alam mo naman.....

No need to make my post longer at punahin si GTi. Coz it's pretty obvious why.

Piece of advice, purchase or at least drive a new Korean car so you can justify your posts.

My vote:

1. Teana
    2. Optima
    3. Sonata
    4. Accord
    5. Camry

So far sa experience ko okay naman after sales ng Kia. Kia Congressional na nag-aalaga ng Sportage ko. Very good service, friendly at accommodating lahat ng tao dun. Lahat ng sinabi ko ginawa at sinunod nila

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Just bought an Optima and took it for a ride today. Highly recommended.
    So if you don't care about resale then I would suggest an Optima or a Sonata.
    I can't say anything yet about after sales service since this is my first Korean car.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung ako papapiliin.. optima na lang boss.. pero kung gusto ng safe choice.. go for camry ;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast