New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    im planning to sell my 01 trooper and opt any of these models so pls help me..or wait pako ng next batch

which would you choose in terms of:
    ride comfort?
    engine?
    prestige?
    everyday use?

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    in my preferred order (disregard gasoline prices hehehe)

Sta FE V6 4x4
    Fortuner 3.0D4D
    Sta FE CRDi 4x2
    Fortuner 2.5D4D

RAV4? -> never considered this. 1.8M for an SUV still classified as a compact is not a wise purchase. but if you love it as much as you want to own one, why not?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1 - RAV4
    2 - Santa Fe
    3 - Fortuner

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1. RAV4
    2. Fortuner 3.0V
    3. Altera
    4. X-trail
    5. Santa Fe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Having driven and ridden those (except rav4):

1. Santa Fe CRDi
    2. Santa Fe V6
    3. Fortuner V
    4. Fortuner G
    5. Rav4

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    1. sta fe
    2. fortuner
    3. rav4

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    stafe
    fortuner
    rav4

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Fortuner 3.0 D4d will top my list, biodiesel is forseen as the fuel for the future for being non-toxic, non-monocarbon, biodegradable and renewable so better by a vehicle which will cater for the future of fuel.
    I had a 2005 Rav4 4x4 and it's a gas guzzler considering the prevailing increase in Gasoline prices.
    Bro a Sta Fe is a Hyundai. RES IPSA LIQUOTUR (The thing speaks for itself)
    ***Korean prestige????***

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hahaha!

well at least, this korean doesn't stall out of the blue due to choking problems. hehe

of all the diesel cars here, ONLY D-4D toyotas stall and blame the diesel for it. Some even needed towing. hahaha

BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai CRDi cars don't.. funny isn't it? Yet, they use the same "dirty" diesel as claimed by Toyota.

Don't get me wrong, i like the Fortuner too on the outside. The interior and the ride is another story though.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well just to add with horsepower said, just check our the reviews of the cars worldwide. In the US, for the compact SUV division tucson topped the reviews next is the crv. as for the rav dont even know if it was ranked. Well a toyota is a toyota but the santa fe is US and Europe road worthy... well so is the RAV4 but the fortuner though still nice Asian SUV pa rin.. with the price of a mid SUV. as for the D4D problems. some people experience breakdown at 5k km. kinda scary. i have the starex 2004 crdi and still no problems with 15k km and using the same "dirty" diesel as everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
SantaFe vs rav4 vs fortuner