New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hey guys, need help here. What do I buy? I'm really torn. I'm giving up my 2008 Strada GLX (Long boring story on why I'm giving it up). I feel the Rav4 is a steal but have no idea how "reliable" the 2006 Toyota Rav4 is. The downside naman sa Pajero is, it's just from a reputable Buy and Sell place. The Rav4 is from somebody I really know.

Here's how I feel about the 2 otos:
    Pajero:
    ++ Economical (coz diesel's cheap), it seats more, it's huge, it's macho
    -- I don't know who the 1st owner is so I can't be really be sure how it is maintained before. Also, it's carnap prone

Rav4:
    ++ I know who the 1st owner is, the price is a steal, it's gwapo
    -- It's gas (guzzler at that), it seats less, the parts are sky high, & my wife can drive it

HELP!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hey guys, need help here. What do I buy? I'm really torn. I'm giving up my 2008 Strada GLX (Long boring story on why I'm giving it up). I feel the Rav4 is a steal but have no idea how "reliable" the 2006 Toyota Rav4 is. The downside naman sa Pajero is, it's just from a reputable Buy and Sell place. The Rav4 is from somebody I really know.

Pajero:
    -- I don't know who the 1st owner is so I can't be really be sure how it is maintained before. Also, it's carnap prone

Rav4:
    -- It's gas (guzzler at that), it seats less, the parts are sky high, & my wife can drive it

HELP!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpogi View Post

Pajero:

Rav4:

HELP!!!!!
    From your own pros and cons, and as my 2 cents lang naman sir, Pajero na. Also, hindi na rin masyadong hot for carnap yan. Yung MS, Fort, Nissan Urvan ang maiinit sa mga bad pips.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for me ha..pajero ako..kasi ang mahal ng gas ngayon eh..saka mas madaming use ang pajero and the ralliart version..ang pogi nun...hehe..pero rav4 ok lang..pero mas nagagandahan din ako kasi sa pajero

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for me ha..pajero ako..kasi ang mahal ng gas ngayon eh..saka mas madaming use ang pajero and the ralliart version..ang pogi nun...hehe..pero rav4 ok lang..pero mas nagagandahan din ako kasi sa pajero

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why are you going to buy something older than your existing car? The Rav4 is quick but a guzzler, considering that it has a 2.4L engine and a 4 speed A/T. The Pajero Fieldmaster is a durable vehicle with a very high resale value. But it isn't much good without its excellent 4x4 system and the 2.8L engine is less powerful even than your Strada.

I suppose your budget is somewhere at the vicinity of 1M? Why don't you get a Fortuner or Santa Fe instead? They're both faster and more fuel efficient than your choices.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Why are you going to buy something older than your existing car? The Rav4 is quick but a guzzler, considering that it has a 2.4L engine and a 4 speed A/T. The Pajero Fieldmaster is a durable vehicle with a very high resale value. But it isn't much good without its excellent 4x4 system and the 2.8L engine is less powerful even than your Strada.

I suppose your budget is somewhere at the vicinity of 1M? Why don't you get a Fortuner or Santa Fe instead? They're both faster and more fuel efficient than your choices.
    +1. I agree with GTi's points.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

+1 also here chief! Although I will be biased on choosing the Pajero FM 4M40 (i'm such a sucker for Pajeros!) because of its practicality, looks and durability; I agree w/ GTI that perhaps with an "extensive" budget, IMO you might wanna look first & shop around for other vehicles as the market for cars have become competitive these days making it advantageous for consumers/buyers like us that we do have other choices. We are not limited!

You have the upperhand; looking for other brands (aside from those two you are eyeing on) is not a mortal sin as this will put you on a better position to get that best vehicle/deal based on your needs. Just my two cents chief, since you are looking for a second hand/used car it would be safe to have a known expert/mechanic tagging along before you close that deal. Ika nga, enjoy the enduring experience of choosing. Hope you keep us updated!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thanks guys for the insights. Reason why I'm ditching my old bunny is because I'm tired na of driving a M/T. That's it. Reason I'm not looking into brand news is because I don't want to finance anymore. It was part of my headaches with my Strada. So what I'm spending is what I'm selling my Strada for - in cash. And the only brand new cars I'm going to be able to buy are cars...and probably a Chery SUV. Wag naman....so there, that's why I'm looking for pre-owneds.

I love Pajeros too! Although I feel I'd look like someone who borrowed it from my dad. Hahaha. Anyways, next step I'm going to do is to find a credible mechanic in QC who I can trust. Then bring him to those Buy and Sell places where I saw 2004 Pajs.

Although I must say, the 2 years between the two SUVs got me thinking. A lot can happen in 2 years, I think. That's where the RAV has the upperhand. And halos 37k lang ang mileage nung RAV...tamad kase magmaneho yung 1st owner. Hahaha...

I just heard that the fuel consumption of both are almost the same. Difference lang is, one's diesel, the other's gas. But both play lang on like 6-7. Do you guys know if that's true?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Siguro kung bibili ka ng Pajero, at least naman yung CK Pajero, wag na yung FM. The fuel economy is not very good na nga tapos mabagal pa. You can add a little, just a little. How much will you sell the Strada for ba? I suggest you buy something that you will enjoy driving in, something that will feel like an upgrade over your old car. Something that has more power. Fortuner 3.0D4D or Santa Fe VGT perhaps?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
For the Same Price: 2006 Toyota Rav4 4x4 or 2004 Mitsubishi Pajero Ralliart 4x2