New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hi! i'm planning to get a new ride. i just want to know your opinion on both SUV's. comparison thing.

Nissan Safari TD42 M/T (local) or Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 1KZ A/T (subic)?

better in terms of?
    - fuel consumption
    - maintenance cost
    - max speed

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    safari because its a local.

i dont consider whether its local or imported...pero, anytime i'll choose our local safari than its jdm counterpart...un nga lang ung local has no a/t, headlight wiper and turbo...pero, pwede naman mapalitan at malagyan ung local,e....

ung prado(lc 70->box type, lc90->local na nilabas sa atin), why subic pa? pareho lang naman din nilabas ng toyota-local dito sa atin..minus siguro lang ung computer, TEMS, etc.i bet, mahal parin ung local, v6 naman ung dubai,noh? pagpalagay na natin ganito, ung 1kz vs td42...3.0-turbo efi-diesel inline-4 and 4.2L mechanical injected inline-6...

as i know, ang patrol-safari is lined with the LC 80/100, lc70/90 is placed with the terrano/pajero....so dun palang malayo na...they say td42 uses 10 liters of oil, consumes much like an v6, say 5-7 km/l..plus the patrol is bigger, sturdier and heavier than the prado..

pero ako, kahit may lumabas na bagong patrol, mas gusto ko parin ung safari natin..lalo na ung last models,e...may dual cooler, 7 seats...pero lacks the turbo engine and the headlight wiper/washer which can easily be solved.....

madami-daming safari owners dito sa tsikot...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; June 1st, 2006 at 10:48 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I'd go with the local Safari.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Patrol Safari GQ is a rival of the Prado's bigger brother, the LC80 series.

Though each has its own advantages and disadvantages, I usually favor the local model. Unless of course you're getting it as a project car.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmmm..same dilemma now.

i'm torn between a td42 patrol and the 5vzfe gas fed lc90. (mahal kasi ng diesel variant)

price wise, mas mura patrol (350-500k) while the prado lc90 (485-600k)

the lc90 dubai has all the works, matic, superb suspension on road, grabe sarap aircon.

ung patrol kasi macho talaga...although most of the time city driving lang ako, nabalahaw kasi FM 4x2 last month so i'm considering a 4x4 this time

which is which???

safari VS prado