New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi tsikoteers. Mars here. I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand AUV and it's a toss-up between a Revo (GLX or SR) and a Crosswind (either XTRM or XUV). What is the smarter choice in terms of performance, ground clearance, maintenance cost i.e change oil, fuel consumption, etc. ?

I prefer an automatic transmission. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    In terms of performance, the Revo 1.8 is faster than the crosswind hands down. Now if you put an automatic transmission on the crosswind, it gets worse. The Revo gets this one.
    Ground clearance, they're both pretty much comparable. Last time I checked, minimum ground clearance for the XUV crosswind is around 185mm. Not sure with the Revo but they won't differ greatly.
    Maintenance cost, the crosswind is just drive and go as long as you religiously change your oil. The Revo engine I'm guessing is also quite bulletproof.
    In terms of fuel consumption, the Revo 1.8 A/T is similar to a Ford expedition, expect around 5-6 km/l only. The Crosswind on the other hand is the exact opposite, maybe around 10-11km/l on the automatic, the M/T gets more.

Maybe there are other options you can also look at within your budget. But between these two, I'd get a crosswind but a manual at that, the automatic is just too slooooooooow. Goodluck overtaking tricycles inside subdivisions.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for replying. It was very informative and helpful. But since I currently drive a manual car and experience heavy traffic (slex/skyway 2nd phase), it has been really tiresome. I've heard from others that Revo is a gas guzzler. With high price of fuel, I think I would go for the Crosswind diesel. I wouldn't mind the slow acceleration

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Are there any other cars that might fit in your price range considering the crosswind XUV A/T is still priced quite high? Maybe there are better options you can consider, if not the crosswind is a solid vehicle that won't give you headaches.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Goodluck overtaking tricycles inside subdivisions.
    Ummh.

I will choose the AT Crosswind if you value fuel economy.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by walangkupas View Post
    Thanks for replying. It was very informative and helpful. But since I currently drive a manual car and experience heavy traffic (slex/skyway 2nd phase), it has been really tiresome. I've heard from others that Revo is a gas guzzler. With high price of fuel, I think I would go for the Crosswind diesel. I wouldn't mind the slow acceleration
    One more important is the price of gasoline is more expensive than diesel . If what you think more comportable to you in your daily driving and make you happy get it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Are there any other cars that might fit in your price range considering the crosswind XUV A/T is still priced quite high? Maybe there are better options you can consider, if not the crosswind is a solid vehicle that won't give you headaches.
    No other vehicles on my list. However, I did consider a used Innova but its ground clearance is too low for me..(for floods and easier ingress/engress). A 2004 Crosswind XTRM would set me back over half-a-million, it's quite steep- for me atleast since I'm not well-off. As for a Revo 2003-04 it ranges from 400k-480k. There's a significant price difference between the two, provided I can still haggle, but I'm leaning more on which can give better mileage and less trip to the pump station.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    One more important is the price of gasoline is more expensive than diesel . If what you think more comportable to you in your daily driving and make you happy get it.
    Yup, that's probably the major reason why I'm opting for the Crosswind diesel. Masakit sa ulo at bulsa ang Revo sa dalas ng pagpapakarga ng gas (sabi nila). Thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Ummh.

I will choose the AT Crosswind if you value fuel economy.
    Yup thanks

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Oh yeah I did consider the Suzuki APV. I liked its width and g.clearance but I've read in the threads that it has poor FC. So it's out of the question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
REVO 1.8L GAS A/T OR CROSSWIND (used) 2.5L DIESEL A/T?