New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    yep. so any models na toyota and mga anong year? yung pasok sa budget

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you want something more enjoyable, you could check around 1989-1991 Corollas with the engines swapped with either 4AGE ST or BT or 4EFTE. The former is a 1.6L 20V 158-163hp powerhouse and the latter is a 1.3L Turbo which plays around 130hp.

The power of the 4AGE comes out beyond 4000rpm, hence, if you're always on the highway it's much more recommendable while the latter being a turbocharged engine releases its power on the low-mid rpm range.

There's a possibility that it can be a hassle owning one IF
    - the swap isn't done properly
    - the previous owner abused the engine; or..
    - the previous owner didn't care much about the engine

however, if you can assure than every bit of the engine is well in place you can somehow see a more fun ownership of the car. You have an old car that has power in store ... lots and lots of it

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung pic na pinakita mo is the base model Corolla XL which has no power amenities and the 1.3L carb engine. I wouldn't get that if I were you, too barebones. Kung ako naman kasi, power windows and locks are very important. For your budget, since open ka naman pala sa mga 2.0L midsize sedans you can as new as 1996 Corona M/T with some tawad. Toyota Corona MT - 96 | Cars for sale Las Piñas | AyosDito.ph This unit looks pretty good to me, but looks can be deceiving so better bring a good mechanic to make sure. Or, you may consider the Honda Accord M/T Honda Accord MT - 96 | Cars for sale Marikina | AyosDito.ph. The A/T is known to be rather heavy on gas, but the manual variant should be a lot better. It's much better than the Corona in terms of ride quality and performance. Dun sa Corolla, there is almost no difference in price between the M/T and A/T GLi variants. Sometimes the M/T is actually more expensive. You may want to consider the Nissan Sentra as well. You can get as new as '98 units if you negotiate well.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thanks sir GTi, so mas okay sakin yang mga pinakita mong models? cause may power windows and locks na sila right? Kuhanin na kitang contact, hehe, anyway, hindi ko lam kung magkano matatawad ko kung isang bagsakang bayad, nga pala, may mga kasama tlaa kong mechanic pag check, 2 sila

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Original title was Newbie, looking for answers, manual or automatic? Please be kind

Ok, so I've decided to go Manual na, any pieces of advice mga sir?
    like anong year and etc...

Okay sana kung tipid sa fuel, and di naman araw araw gagamitin, siguro, 3times a week dito-dito lang, tapos weekends out of town like Tagaytay.

Salamat salamat talga sa tulong mga Sir and Ma'am

-Tony Anthony Maingat (antonymatic) on about.me

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you are OK with using a midsize sedan, they have lower resale value than their smaller compact sedan brothers, some of which may actually be more expensive despite being older. Kung OK ka lang naman sa fuel consumption and maintenance ng M/T midsize sedan, they are much more rewarding to drive in, and would satisfy your need for speed should you think of going out of town every once in a while. As for negotiating, depende naman sa seller yan eh, normally the ads leave a sizeable allowance for negotiation unless they indicate otherwise. Some may let you slash off as much as 50k or more, especially if the owner is in a rush, or has had difficulty in selling it which may be the case with many midsize sedans. Although syempre we have to be reasonable din when negotiating lalo na if the price is already low and you know the car is well worth it naman, in which case siguro 10-20k pwede na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    so ganun ba kaasikaso or kamahal yung maintenance at fuel consumption ng mt midsize sedan?

Thanks for being patient mga bro, mukhang mas fit sakin yung midsize na sedan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antonymatic View Post
    so ganun ba kaasikaso or kamahal yung maintenance at fuel consumption ng mt midsize sedan?

Thanks for being patient mga bro, mukhang mas fit sakin yung midsize na sedan.
    Midsize sedan spare parts are typically more expensive since they are more sophisticated than those of compact sedans, especially when it comes to engine and suspension parts. And also since the engine is now 2.0L or above, fuel consumption is now higher than your garden variety 1.6L. Routine maintenance should not be too far off from that of the 1.6L given both are EFI though fuel consumption would be higher. But 2.0 M/T should still give you a reasonable 7-8km/L thereabouts assuming you keep it on a light foot.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Midsize sedan spare parts are typically more expensive since they are more sophisticated than those of compact sedans, especially when it comes to engine and suspension parts. And also since the engine is now 2.0L or above, fuel consumption is now higher than your garden variety 1.6L. Routine maintenance should not be too far off from that of the 1.6L given both are EFI though fuel consumption would be higher. But 2.0 M/T should still give you a reasonable 7-8km/L thereabouts assuming you keep it on a light foot.
    I was just talking to someone, and un nga about sa 2.0, now im looking for atleast mas mababa dun, kahit hindi na corona, I was wondering kung may makikita pa kami within the budget na powered lock windows at less than 2.0

kaya yata mga toyota gli 96-97?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antonymatic View Post
    I was just talking to someone, and un nga about sa 2.0, now im looking for atleast mas mababa dun, kahit hindi na corona, I was wondering kung may makikita pa kami within the budget na powered lock windows at less than 2.0

kaya yata mga toyota gli 96-97?
    Hahaha~ Ayaw ba? '96-'97 GLi's normally sell at around 140-180k, if it's really good, around 200k. Depends on how good your negotiating skills are now...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
retitled: Newbie, suggestions for MT 2nd hand w/ 120-150k budget please be patient :)