New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    If it is an everyday car, I'll go for a hybrid. The added price will be negated by fuel efficiency and its utilization.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Suzuki Jimny or Toyota Yaris Cross ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Jojo Agnote of Master Garage is all praise for Suzuki Jimny.

Suzuki Jimny 2017... mga dapat tignan/agapan makalipas ang 5 to 8 yrs...50k km run pataas...

all wheel drive daw ang jimny. watch near the end

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The Corolla Cross seems like the most logical option.
    agree

BR-V - not a fan pero these are my reasons...

Honda Badge = if you're not getting a Toyota, I guess Honda will provide the next best local support. L15 engine has been used since the previous Gen City (I think even longer).
    It has Sensing... imagine 5 years later and you realize your car is not an EV/Hybrid... at least you have ADAS

You can get a TOTL car (kaso the drivetrain is entry level
    yeah i kinda like br-v also, mostly coz of honda reliability. only the totl br-v has curtain airbags and sensing, but costs more than base corolla cross which also has curtain bags but lacks adas. at the end of the day the br-v is still just an asean car

If it is an everyday car, I'll go for a hybrid. The added price will be negated by fuel efficiency and its utilization.
    as mentioned the office is 1km away. hybrid cost will never get recouped

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Okay lang sa kanya ang footbrake ng Corolla Cross?

CX-3 parang same space lang sa Raize at Stonic.

For 1 Km commute, okay ang Jimny, CX-3, Raize, Stonic, Wigo, Brio, City RS HB, Yaris Cross, HRV.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    my brother's Ecosport seems to be displaying early signs of PowerShift DCT failure so i guess it's time to sell it before it turns into full-blown Power$hit

no specific requirements it'll be just for getting to work everyday, just 1 person in the car, 1km distance from home to work. they've got other cars.

i'm suggesting honda city or corolla but i think he wants to get another "crossover" coz it's the fashionable thing LOL it doesn't flood at all where he lives

so the options are the ff. no hybrids btw coz those are BS. not in metro manila so no coding benefits. no turbos. no GDI.

1) corolla cross
    2) yaris cross
    3) br-v
    4) hr-v
    5) creta
    6) tucson
    7) CX-3

seltos (KX3) is interesting but seems to be a flop. raize and stonic kx1 are too small
    not to be an ass but, at that distance of only 1km, and its only 1 person, maybe consider getting an electric scooter instead?
    kawawa din sasakyan nyan, extreme short distance driving. engine barely gets to stretch... severe driving condition yan.

anyway, does your brother treat his car like an appliance or does he enjoy driving? If the former, he can't go wrong with the corolla cross or yaris cross.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    not to be an ass but, at that distance of only 1km, and its only 1 person, maybe consider getting an electric scooter instead?
    kawawa din sasakyan nyan, extreme short distance driving. engine barely gets to stretch... severe driving condition yan.

anyway, does your brother treat his car like an appliance or does he enjoy driving? If the former, he can't go wrong with the corolla cross or yaris cross.

yeah i know the car gets short-tripped like all the time tapos ayaw pa nya mag 6mo OCI, gusto nya 1yr or more kasi low mileage naman daw haha

Okay lang sa kanya ang footbrake ng Corolla Cross?

CX-3 parang same space lang sa Raize at Stonic.

For 1 Km commute, okay ang Jimny, CX-3, Raize, Stonic, Wigo, Brio, City RS HB, Yaris Cross, HRV

btw the car also gets driven on short errands, groceries and stuff. occasional weekend short trips on expressway like 50km one way, so it can't be a small car like Brio

ok lang foot brake

you're right about cx3 it's small and very old by now

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Ah ok. Ok na nga ang.
    1. Corolla Cross
    2. HR-V
    3. Yaris Cross
    4. Creta

Given na 1Km commute, baka pasok sa electric only range ng Kicks? Less wear sa ICE?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah i know the car gets short-tripped like all the time tapos ayaw pa nya mag 6mo OCI, gusto nya 1yr or more kasi low mileage naman daw haha

btw the car also gets driven on short errands, groceries and stuff. occasional weekend short trips on expressway like 50km one way, so it can't be a small car like Brio

ok lang foot brake

you're right about cx3 it's small and very old by now
    Short trips...yikes! 1km, I'd walk or bike.
    The CX3 may be small & old but that's tested reliable & the most fun to drive amongst the choices given....the best driving Mazda next to the Miata.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    For 1Km ride everyday. hehe good luck recuperating that investment in the hybrid.

Better get an MC or bike na nga for me. Tutal may "other cars" in case na maulan.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; September 18th, 2023 at 09:48 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast