New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an automatic hatchback to be used more frequently than the wife and I have narrowed down my choices to the three. I assigned an attribute to each (see below) that highlights each car's strength relative to the competition. I have only test driven the Jazz.

Accent HB CRDI -- power/torque, fuel economy

Jazz 1.5V-- passenger and cargo space

Swift -- driving dynamics -- handling and steering.

May I request your comments on your experience re: NVH and refinement of any of the three as the test drives will not allow motorway speeds that would be necessary to assess these qualities. Ultimately, the choice made would reflect our priorities along with NVH and refinement.

Many thanks,

Neil

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    at highway speeds and road conditions, nvh and refinement for my 1.5v jazz is above-average, if not perfect. city driving, slightly matagtag jazz for me, but nothing to be bothered about. the good thing about that is it handles well. still feels solid despite cruising along uneven roads.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhhace View Post
    at highway speeds and road conditions, nvh and refinement for my 1.5v jazz is above-average, if not perfect. city driving, slightly matagtag jazz for me, but nothing to be bothered about. the good thing about that is it handles well. still feels solid despite cruising along uneven roads.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I don't own a Suzuki swift but I have ridden and drove one many times. NVH is very good as the vehicle is constructed quite well using good materials. On the road the ride is comfortable. Acceleration is good, and if you put your foot down to anything above 4k RPM it zooms very quickly since that is the typical power band for suzuki engines. Can't say about fuel consumption compared to other cars but I would assume the honda's get slightly better FC compared to suzuki's engines.

Here's some reviews to help you decide:

It's for the swift sport but the only real difference between the sport and the regular swift is the engine and the number of passenger doors. Swift sport has a 1.6 while the regular swift has a 1.4. you still get the superb handling in the regular swift. It may be just me, but since the swift is rarer than the other cars on the road, in stock form the swift looks sportier than the others.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks Jo,

I have seen both reviews and these, along with other local reviews, are what actually made me consider a swift, apart from checking it out in gateway a couple of weeks back. I appreciate your comments on power delivery. Have test driven the Jazz and found its power lacking though the judgement may have been affected by a preceding test drive of a lancer equipped with a 2.0 liter engine. Thus, am now also considering the accent HB, even if the rear seats are not ergonomically comfortable.

Cheers,

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Jo A. View Post
    I don't own a Suzuki swift but I have ridden and drove one many times. NVH is very good as the vehicle is constructed quite well using good materials. On the road the ride is comfortable. Acceleration is good, and if you put your foot down to anything above 4k RPM it zooms very quickly since that is the typical power band for suzuki engines. Can't say about fuel consumption compared to other cars but I would assume the honda's get slightly better FC compared to suzuki's engines.

Here's some reviews to help you decide:

It's for the swift sport but the only real difference between the sport and the regular swift is the engine and the number of passenger doors. Swift sport has a 1.6 while the regular swift has a 1.4. you still get the superb handling in the regular swift. It may be just me, but since the swift is rarer than the other cars on the road, in stock form the swift looks sportier than the others.