New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The adventure and crosswind use ancient engines more suited for rural applications. Even toyota uses the simpe 1hz engines for land cruisers deployed to africa and other undeveloped regions.

And for people who have not really had time with a modern car, the two auvs will feel like a luxury car already. Spare them the headache of servicing a high tech engine. Thats one gift they will love.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ I agree with Otep. Don't get a vehicle with a lot of engine electronics since you'll be forced to ship it back to mainland if there's a problem. Diesel fuel quality may also be a concern so go with a diesel engine that is not sensitive to poor fuel.

My vote: Crosswind or Adventure

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Toyota Avanza is also an option. It's their first time to have a car so maintenance will be a concern. And the main reason is for the parents to have their own vehicle. So the cheaper, the better.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sysop View Post
    1M lang po talaga max budget e. Tsaka po hindi din naman masyado magagamit. Minsan lang naman din mapupunta dito sa Metro Manila yung sasakyan. Gusto lang po talaga mabilhan ng sasakyan yung parents since tumatanda na din, para daw ma-experience na may sasakyan. hehe! Meron po ba Casa sa Lucena Quezon?
    Then get a 2nd hand Mitsu MS. Basta kaya maintenance ha kasi bigger tires yan and bigger engine oil during changes.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My vote goes to the crosswind.. Ancient but legenday diesel engines would be a perfect fit for the situation. Afaik the base model of the crosswind would go for 800k?thats a good buy right there. :-)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sysop View Post
    Wala naman po kotong boys. :D Very peaceful po sa Marinduque.
    Which part of Marinduque ba? My father is from Boac but I have been there only once.

I think the roads there are not that rough. Even the rough road to my fathers ancestral hut is not that rough.

So the main concern is probably maintenance.

As previously mentioned by others, avoid vehicles with too much electronics.

I think Adventure is a good choice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember the time when my family could finally afford a brand new car. It was a 1994 Toyota Corolla. Growing up riding relics from the 70's and 80's, the Corolla felt like a Rolls Royce to me. hehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    +1 kay doc Otep, twing byahe kami ng cagayan valley i make sure na yung crosswind namin ang ginagamit.. instead dun sa fortuner ng utol ko..kasi once na masiraan ka sa daan mahirap maghanap ng mekaniko na pwedeng gumawa ng modern car..though naiconvoy naman namin yung fortuner mga 2x pero the 3rd time nag stall sya..culprit maruming diesel ..kaya pagbalik sa manila casa ang deretcho nya ibinaba ang gas tank..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung Crosswind or Adventure ka, wag mo na patusin yung TOTL na Crosswind. Hindi siya worth it, XT lang pwede na. Or XTi kung meron. Para naman sa Adventure, pwede na yung GLS Sport pa yun... basta don't get the TOTL. They wont need the extra features that the TOTL offers. Bigay mo nalang sa magulang mo yung sukli from 1M, for example bili ka kotse worth 850k all in all, isama mo na sa pagbigay mo yung 150k pang-maintenance kamo

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since island naman there aren't many roads to stretch its legs so hindi kailangan malakas ang makina. Fuel efficiency and ease of maintenance is the key here. My vote goes to the Crosswind. Wala naman siguro ASBU duon so just maintain it well and it will give you years and years and years of dedicated, uninterrupted service.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Recommended Vehicle for Province (Island) :)