New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung kayanin talaga bro go nlang sa 4x4.. sulit na sulit talaga.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 4x4 or shall we say, AWD drivetrain is no longer full-time as somebody posted earlier. Rather, it operates in much the same way as Honda's system, wherein, power is transferred to the rear wheels once slippage is detected in the front. The differential can be locked at 50/50, but this is only for rougher terrain only.

The only feature worth getting in the 4x4 variant are the curtain and side airbags. Seat heater is absolutely impratical in this tropical environment. As for the overfender, I think imitation onces can be custom made or bought, so that way your 4x2 can look like a 4x4 at least from the outside. Now if Toyota only dropped the 3.5li V6 in the 4x4 then it might convince more people to get it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    promdiboy, AFAIK hindi na full-time 4wd ang gen3 Rav4 (unlike the gen1 & gen2)... auto-engage 4wd na lang sya (like the CR-V & Escape).

No offense but the gen3 Rav4 is way overpriced. For almost price of a 4x2 Rav4, you can get a Santa Fe CRDi or a Mitsubishi Outlander GLS! Personally, I will only consider the Santa Fe until the Outlander (and the Forester XT) came out, the latter is just so gorgeous and I just love its MID feature!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    non taken sir mazda mazda. i guess preference nalang talaga ng user, i also agree na overpriced siya, and the 4x2 would be a practical choice. maybe its just me, but nung nakita ko 4x2, medyo kulang ng konti para mapa wow ako, and the 4x4 gave me that feeling. hehe last year kasi wala pang outlander.

woah! di na ba full time yung Rav 4? I always thought na full time yung rav namin. maybe that would explain why i get good gas mileage. I prefer full time 4x4 setups, sana may switch man lang na mag full time.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    the center diff lock switch can, in a way act as a full time all wheel drive switch na rin, yun lang nga, if you cruise around 40 km/h and above, it will go off automatically

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hehe ok din daw ang Sta Fe sabi ni mommy, kaso eh medyo oldschool at gusto nya Toyota na lang daw para mura ang parts. Kasi ung amiga nya na may Starex ang mahal daw ng mga parts hehehehehe badtrip no, eh same price lang naman halos nung CRDi SFe ung 4x2 Rav4

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapitan, mahal din ang orig parts ng Rav4... 10K per shock absorber.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Get the 4x2 black. 300K is too big a price difference. Parang price difference ng crv and civic/Suv and compact sedan. Besides same engine displacement?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.3renutrof View Post
    Get the 4x2 black. 300K is too big a price difference. Parang price difference ng crv and civic/Suv and compact sedan. Besides same engine displacement?
    Yes, both AWD (4x4) and 4x2 are equipped with the same 2.4 li (2AZ-FE) engine . Now if only TMPI had the 4x4 Rav4 with the 3.5 li V6 then it might make the Php 300,000 price difference more palatable.

I also like the fact that the 4x4 is equipped with the complete airbags (front, passenger, side and curtain).

TMPI need to remove the useless feature of heated front seats.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kunsabagay kapag heated seats, pang nirarayuma lang ata yan eh hahaha
    Last edited by oldblue; June 23rd, 2007 at 03:47 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
RAV4 4x2 vs RAV4 4x4?