New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    From what i've know through surfing info in the internet about Honda city 2004 m/t, let's say 90% says that it's not good and i guess 10% people says it's okay. So if i ask them if Honda Civic 97-99 model or Honda city idsi 2004 they'll pick civic? lol i dunno. i'm not a car expert :p what are the issues about honda city 2004 idsi anyway?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    same variant ng car sa bayaw ko. so far okay naman daw. nung nakabili sya ng fort binili pa nga ng utol ko eh. so far so good naman din daw. buti na lang napasa sya sa 10% says na okay yan car. hehe

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    hahaha. kasi panay negative yung nababasa ko ang daming may ayaw.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raii.yan View Post
    From what i've know through surfing info in the internet about Honda city 2004 m/t, let's say 90% says that it's not good and i guess 10% people says it's okay. So if i ask them if Honda Civic 97-99 model or Honda city idsi 2004 they'll pick civic? lol i dunno. i'm not a car expert :p what are the issues about honda city 2004 idsi anyway?
    that's strange... is this the honda city series whose AT (CVT?) box had a reputation for early retirement?

and there is a difference between prefering AT and having a bad MT.
    usually, it is the AT that causes more problems than the MT..

is it possible, 90% of 2004 honda city owners simply prefer the convenience of AT over the better control, ease of maintenance, and longevity of MT ?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 28th, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    oh okay, maybe it's the A/T is the one that having bad reviews. so honda city m/t is okay?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    oh okay, maybe it's the A/T is the one that having bad reviews. so honda city m/t is okay?
    i have been told by acquaintances who own the city idsi cvt..
    for everyday driving, it's ok. no problems. and they bought it brand new, and been driving to this day..
    perhaps the problems arise when the driver drives like a maniac and challenges the cvt's metallurgy..

i have been told by acquaintances who own the city idsi cvt..
    for everyday driving, it's ok. no problems. and they bought it brand new, and been driving to this day..
    perhaps the problems arise when the driver drives like a maniac and challenges the cvt's metallurgy..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're not an aggressive driver and had the CVTF fix applied, it's relatively good as a first car.

As a secondhand, you don't know how the first owner drove... if he was aggressive and drove in a lot of traffic, you might eventually need to change the transmission.

The manual, on the other hand, is fantastic. Only issue is the "kalampag", which can be fixed with better spring seat cushions.

If you're not an aggressive driver and had the CVTF fix applied, it's relatively good as a first car.

As a secondhand, you don't know how the first owner drove... if he was aggressive and drove in a lot of traffic, you might eventually need to change the transmission.

The manual, on the other hand, is fantastic. Only issue is the "kalampag", which can be fixed with better spring seat cushions.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I currently use a 2004 M/T City. Runs great! I changed the clutch and compressor na, so far no other big issues. Nabbyahe lagi SLEX. Matters a lot rin that it seems well maintained before I got it.

I think it's the CVT that has issues, especially yung jerking.

I currently use a 2004 M/T City. Runs great! I changed the clutch and compressor na, so far no other big issues. Nabbyahe lagi SLEX. Matters a lot rin that it seems well maintained before I got it.

I think it's the CVT that has issues, especially yung jerking.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Don't really know about the pros and cons of this particular City model, pero di ko talaga masikmura ang itsura nyan. I like the earlier Type Z way better and also the 3rd gen City looks much better.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Don't really know about the pros and cons of this particular City model, pero di ko talaga masikmura ang itsura nyan. I like the earlier Type Z way better and also the 3rd gen City looks much better.
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..
    i like the second gen.. the idsi.. looks cute. parang pang-comics. the jetsons!

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..
    i like the second gen.. the idsi.. looks cute. parang pang-comics. the jetsons!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast