New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi! Newbie here, hope you guys could help me out.

Aside from the obvious price difference, what would be a wiser choice between the Innova E A/T and the Avanza G A/T? I've just started a family and am planning to upgrade soon from my old sedan. Since the automatic variants of the Crosswind or Sportivo exceed my budget, Toyota seems to be the logical choice. After driving 1.5 sedans for almost ten years, I'm concerned that I might get shocked at the FC of the Innova that's why I'm also considering the Avanza.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If FC is a major concern, you might also want to consider Auto-LPG conversion.

Read this thread:

Auto-LPG Conversion Thread [merged]
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29208

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you don't have problems in driving a stick, then the M/T might be a better choice since it has a lower fuel consumption compared to the A/T Innova.

And, you might also want to consider sir GH's suggestion. That will surely help a lot. But, there's one thing to put in mind though, LPG stations isn't that plenty, so if there's none near you ... it's better to think twice. ;)

Avanza. Small car with huge space. Seats 7 comfortably, depends on the person's size. The 1.5L engine isn't underpowered, in fact a tsikoteer who owns a 1.3L avanza, loaded his vehicle with 9pax. With luggage.

The Innova is a better option though. Obviously it's bigger than the avanza and, it has somewhat a larger space for luggage when the 3 rows are unfolded. However, if lack of features is your concern. Innova E might not be the vehicle for you. Since, it has no power side mirrors, it has black door handles and side mirror covers, has only 14" (?) inch mags etc. etc.

You might also want to consider the Nissan Grand Livina. Atleast, it would make an even comparison with the Avanza.

avanza G AT- smaller cheaper..

innova E At - large..more expensive

alternate choices: grand livina 1.8L AT (elegance/elite) and suzuki APV sgx-AT
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 13th, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mas maluwag 3rd row nang Avanza sa Innova

Kung city driving.. malakas din sa gas ang Avanza A/T. Hindi ko lang alam ang FC nang Innova E A/T.. pero sa Avanza.. you'll be lucky to get 8 to 9 kms/liter city driving.

Avanza G also has 2 airbags, fog lamps and keyless entry / alarm.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trencher_k View Post
    Hi! Newbie here, hope you guys could help me out.

Aside from the obvious price difference, what would be a wiser choice between the Innova E A/T and the Avanza G A/T? I've just started a family and am planning to upgrade soon from my old sedan. Since the automatic variants of the Crosswind or Sportivo exceed my budget, Toyota seems to be the logical choice. After driving 1.5 sedans for almost ten years, I'm concerned that I might get shocked at the FC of the Innova that's why I'm also considering the Avanza.
    Since you just started with your family, I assume it is just you, your wife and baby. In that case, you would be better off with the Avanza since it is big enough for your needs, cheaper and better on the fuel as well.

If you have more kids in the future, just replace the Avanza for a bigger vehicle or leave the yaya at home.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the responses mga Sirs!

My wife and I are still working on the baby. We're both on the heavy side (malapit na mag-obese) that's why she's been enticing me to get the Innova. We also have visitors from the provinces from time to time and there were times when we had to take two cars just for one trip.

My company has a car loan up to 700k and if hopefully I get to sell my 1.5 Honda City for at least 200K para konti na lang dadagdag ko. I don't think I'll be able to afford the G or V variants due to the additional costs for the insurance, chattel mortgage, etc. My wife doesn't want to go back to manual after she drove an automatic.

One more question though, would it be better to go for the diesel variant? I've never had a diesel car and am a little worried about the maintenance costs. Besides, there has been mixed reviews about the D4D in this forum.

carens kayo

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trencher_k View Post
    Thanks for the responses mga Sirs!

My wife and I are still working on the baby. We're both on the heavy side (malapit na mag-obese) that's why she's been enticing me to get the Innova. We also have visitors from the provinces from time to time and there were times when we had to take two cars just for one trip.

My company has a car loan up to 700k and if hopefully I get to sell my 1.5 Honda City for at least 200K para konti na lang dadagdag ko. I don't think I'll be able to afford the G or V variants due to the additional costs for the insurance, chattel mortgage, etc. My wife doesn't want to go back to manual after she drove an automatic.

One more question though, would it be better to go for the diesel variant? I've never had a diesel car and am a little worried about the maintenance costs. Besides, there has been mixed reviews about the D4D in this forum.
    In that case, you would be better off with the Innova E A/T and have an Auto-LPG kit installed to save on the cost of fuel.

Diesel & gasoline prices will ALWAYS be more expensive as compared to the price of Auto-LPG. The only downside with Auto-LPG is the stations are not as many as compared to gasoline/diesel stations. But if you have a few nearby your home/office, then it wouldn't be much of a problem.

BTW, conversion to Auto-LPG still gives you the option to run on gasoline. Just flick a switch to change fuels.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since you're on the big-sized people segment. I think you'll be better off with the Innova. Carens is better, but it's more expensive than the innova. So, most likely ... it's out of your budget. - Kaprice na ata ng Innova G.

Visitors .. is that what you said ? AH .. expect them to have luggages and stuff. Girly kikay bags etc. etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pros & Cons: Innova E A/T vs. Avanza G A/T