New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga pards tanong lang po kung ano difference ng mga van na 'to.
    mga cons and pros.
    at kung kayo papipiliin ano kukunin nyo?

regards.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    besta ako!
    ung besta naming surplus ilan taon naming ginamit at hinde nag bigay nang sakit ng ulo sarap pang gamitin at malakas din hatak ng makina!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Grace ako! Surplus din and very cheap to maintain. Has the same parts (mechanical and aesthetic) with the new Mitsu L-300. Malakas ang hatak and has never failed us.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mas gusto ko ang porma ng Pregio.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1st H-100 local.

2nd Besta 2.7L

3rd Pregio

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Pregio is the most refined. But the 2.7 engine has been having horror stories since I started driving.

The Besta is the least refined. Top of the line models (Hi-Bestas) share the same 2.7 engine with the Pregio. The 2.2 model (the one I had) is simpler and was reliable for the duration I had it. But quality could be better. The siding were starting to peel when I sold it. The ceiling was flapping when I got it. The sliding doors were also rattling. It needed a new alternator as soon as the warranty expired. Not really big issues, but it did have its quirks.

The Grace will not give you much 'interior peeling problems' as the interior is mostly made of hard plastic (not vinly laminate). Only the front door is made of laminate. On the sample I rode in, the ceiling did not make any noises even in bad roads. The Grace is also essentially a rebadged Mitsubishi so parts and services are easy to find.

For me, I'd take the Grace.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've heard horror stories about the diesels, ika-nga, to the point that people who buy old Korean imports say they set aside money to transplant a japanese lump in as soon as it conks out. :lol:

Which makes it weird that my cousin's Pregio (one of the last ones, 2003-2004, I think) is still running nicely, despite being used as a rental. Sa pag-a-alaga kaya?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maintenance has a lot to do with with. The 2.7 motor was very aluminum intensive. And if you didn't maintain/change the coolant as per manufacturer's spec, it became prone to overheating.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ahhh... that explains it. I thought all diesels were iron-blocks...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Pregio,Besta or Grace