New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Halos same price P2.7ish M. Halos same size, both 4wd etc. Ako Im leaning more on the macho stance of the prado. Whats your call fellow tsikoteer?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Prado ako, better off road capability IMHO, Toyota reliability and resale value

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prado... proven SUV chassis and it'll most likely hold it's value better then the Pilot.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pilot for me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I chose a Prado myself over other SUV's. Am very happy with mine. Its look will age gracefully and it still sports that macho yet regal stance. Torquey Diesel (matipid), spacious interior, comfy ride. Decent performance and real 4x4 capability. Its obviously not as fast as the Pilot but for a vehicle this big, you dont want to go too fast anyway. I'll probably keep mine for a very very long time.
    Matipid nga ba talaga? What's your average fuel consumption? Mine's a bit thirsty. Well, coz my right foot's heavy. Hehehe. Hey, but isn't your right foot too?

Prado ako.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Prado looks nicer for me but the engine in the local spec seems weak. Unlike yung Pilot na medyo fully loaded talaga.

So medyo draw for me but even if I'm not a fan of the Pilot, I might just go with it if the choice is between these two lang.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Prado for me, pilot parang pinalaking gen 1 na crv

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Prado for me, pilot parang pinalaking gen 1 na crv

hehehe. akala ko ako lang. ganun din tingin ko e.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Hehehe. Yeah I have a heavy right foot :-) But for this class of SUV you dont really feel the desire to go fast. I've hit 150+ kmh on this SUV in the Northexpressway and promptly got caught by the cops hahaha. The computer on this Prado says it uses about 16l / 100km or about 6.25 km per liter of diesel. Thats the average consumption for the past couple of thousand(s) of kilometers that I've been using it. So this takes into account the vast majority (99.75%) of the time that I use it in traffic congested Metro Manila (Edsa, C5, Katipunan, Ayala). I guess if you average out fuel consumption over a couple of thousand kilometers, you get a pretty accurate picture of the vehicles drinking rate.
    Hahaha! Congrats on that apprehension. Had too much fun with this kind of SUV? ;) I average about that much on mine as well.

If you do a lot of highway or expressway driving, your mileage will be much better of course. The engine is NOT D4D yet but its good enough for such a heavy vehicle. Im sure the 3.0 liter Fortuner can hit maybe 180Kmh or 190kmh. This one tops out at 150+ kmh max.
    Not exactly. Mine went up to 175 kph on the Skyway. Wanted to try it on NLEX, but they're strict there nowadays. Yeah, it's not a D-4D yet, but surprisingly, it's quite spritely.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fortuner might hit 180, but I don't doubt it's limited to 180 (AT kasi)... but it gets to 160 km/h very, very quickly. Kind of scary to do that on the broken pavement of the SLEX as the truck is kind of stiff.

Prado for me. Why pay so much money for a truck that won't off-road? Then again, why pay so much money for a truck?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Prado vs Pilot