New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    What do you suggest mga sirs between the 3? Wala naman kami plano mag offroad. Mas prefer namin yung comfort and yung madaling i drive. Planning to test drive yung CX-9 while di ako sure kung may test drive ng Prado or Veracruz.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Id go with the cx9, comfortable ride, great handling and feels more solid.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i would also go for the cx-9

lots of video comparisons on the internet of this vehicle with other similarly classed vehicles

just search for it. the cx-9 here is the same one sold in other countries, 1st world man o 3rd world, developed o developing country

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Veracruz has nice, creamy leather and has a very soft ride. The body, however, feels "boomy" over bumps on the highway and the handling and brakes are on the soft side. Lots and lots and lots of toys, so it's well worth the money, and the diesel engine is very powerful. The only complaint I'd have that doesn't involve slalom ability is the acceleration lag... sometimes when you're overtaking, there's a pause while it downshifts and then another pause while the turbo spools up (turbo lag is unavoidable on a 3 liter diesel that makes well over 230 hp)... which means that you can be caught unaware by the transition from lack of power to sudden onset of power.

Doesn't matter except when overtaking, though.

Despite this, the Veracruz is very nice in a very American sort of way. Soft, floaty and plump... like a leather-clad La-Z-Boy on wheels. And the diesel engine is pretty economical considering the weight of the vehicle and the power on tap. In my driving, it's not any worse than most modern diesel vans and SUVs (Fort, Montero et al) with 80-100 hp less. Consider the Sorento and Santa Fe, though. I feel they give you 80% of the luxury at just 60% of the price... and they drive a lot better, to boot.

The CX9 feels like a very high quality product. Rubber bushings and subframe mountings were designed to completely isolate the cabin from drivetrain and suspension vibration and harshness, so it feels much like a luxury car. Not quite as roomy as a Veracruz, but lots and lots of legroom and very comfortable buckets. Exceptional six speed transmission, terrific engine power, terrific handling and safety, european-level suspension refinement, despite the 20" mags. It's like a Japanese X5/Q7 mash-up... only the plastics and leather aren't as good as Audi's.

Almost perfect, except it drinks gas like a pig. Still... if you want the feel of driving a European SUV, the CX9 delivers.

Don't know about the Prado's fuel economy... but there are signs it's probably a bit better than the CX9 Toyota's seats aren't great. Pretty flat and not as supportive as in the more modern crossovers. Also, the Prado is obviously more clumsy on the road than the CX9, granted, as it's a live-axle ladder-frame off-roader. Still, the Prado/Cruiser platform is a legendary off-road weapon... but if you're not going off-road, then chances are you may be happier somewhere else.

Then again, which car is best suited to you depends on your personal tastes. If you're serious and show serious intent to buy, you can always get a test-drive from the dealership. And it's best you do, to see which truck is best for you. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For practical reasons, I'd pick the Veracruz. V6 CRDi eVGT means it can keep up with the CX9 and Prado or even outrun them all while consuming lesser and cheaper diesel fuel. If I were getting the Prado, I would be picking the D4D variant and not the V6. The diesel variant would be able to serve its original purpose of offroading better due to more abundant low end grunt and also better gas mileage. But then, if gas bills mean nothing to you and, as niky said, you don't mind it drinking gas like a pig, I believe CX9 may be the one for you, after all it is the cheapest one among the three.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the replies. My dad is leaning towards the Gas variant Prado and Me the CX-9. The Veracruz seems to be out since we already own 2 Hyundai cars, Sta fe and Tucson. Gas variant yung pinili namin since mukhang magiging issue yung quality ng Diesel sa atin in the long run. Mas mura din yung maintenance ng Gas compared sa diesel yung cx-9 every 10k or 6 months yung service interval.

Featurewise mas maraming magandang features yung Prado compared sa CX-9 while mas gusto ko looks ng CX-9 and yung active torque split niya. Yung Prado kasi always on yung all wheel drive niya so mas magastos sa Gas. Also wala na din yung Red Variant ng CX-9 discontinued na daw sabi ng Mazda Alabang.

Also saw this sa youtube
    Toyota Land Cruiser 150 vs Land Rover Discovery 3 vs Mitsubishi Pajero - Stability

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgv49Pdi_dI]Toyota Land Cruiser 150 vs Land Rover Discovery 3 vs Mitsubishi Pajero - Stability - YouTube[/ame]

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. My dad is leaning towards the Gas variant Prado and Me the CX-9. The Veracruz seems to be out since we already own 2 Hyundai cars, Sta fe and Tucson. Gas variant yung pinili namin since mukhang magiging issue yung quality ng Diesel sa atin in the long run. Mas mura din yung maintenance ng Gas compared sa diesel yung cx-9 every 10k or 6 months yung service interval.

Featurewise mas maraming magandang features yung Prado compared sa CX-9 while mas gusto ko looks ng CX-9 and yung active torque split niya. Yung Prado kasi always on yung all wheel drive niya so mas magastos sa Gas. Also wala na din yung Red Variant ng CX-9 discontinued na daw sabi ng Mazda Alabang.

You mean Red color???

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the Prado's KDSS gives it exceptional on and off road capability. Though the on road capabilities are still below those of its unibody rivals. But I really do doubt that there are issues between the Prado's 1KD engine with our local fuel. Its the same as the one used in the Fortuner and its been here since 2005 so I'm sure there's no such problem. Even the choking issues plaguing the 2KD engines were solved already. Just concerned about what sort of mileage a 4.0L V6 full time 4WD SUV would give, especially in heavy stop and go traffic. What you have saved through lower maintenance cost might not even be enough to cover your gas bills.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    You mean Red color???
    Yes sir yung red na parang sa CX-7

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ IMHO hindi maganda ang malaking sasakyan na pula. Hindi intimidating ang dating. Black or white would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Prado Gas vs. CX9 vs Veracruz