New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Scenario: Selling my 2010 Vios 1.5G AT and downgrading.
    RFS: Downgrading; extra funds for business opportunity

I decided to sell my Vios, because I'm having a hard time finding a good deal for my B13 which I'm also selling but then I decided to just keep it. My B13 is AT, so I definitely wanted to have a manual ride. A gasoline Manual tranny is preferred since I also own an Accent CRDi manual. Gas/Manual combo is still sweeter, smoother ride than a diesel no matter how powerful it is imho.

I'm so confused.

Few weeks ago, I'm very much sold to the idea of downgrading to a gen 3 Lynx Ghia/RS.

Nice engine and handling, manual transmission and full packed with features for less than the price of equivalent Civic or Altis. That should be a deal. I'm particulaly impressed of the standard features, ABS, airbag, sunroof, leather, CD, sunshade, 4 discs, 15-16" mags, power everything plus heck lot more interior room and trunk space etc. Thing is, heard that Lynx aren't so fuel efficient, dunno if same holds true with manual tranny models.

But then,

Getz CRDi comes to mind. I totally forgotten about this model. And since I'm very much familiar with their glorious engine (I also own an Accent CRDi with averages 16km/l city). Frugality and practicality not to mention the prodigious torque. I just happen to realize to consider this last night as a blazing red Hyundai Getz CRDi went past every car in its way. HEY! I happen to remember that's a monster motor in a small subcompact hatch. hmmmmmm:slurp:

Downside is the lack of safety features (no abs, airbag, no rear discs), lots of missing features against the Lynx (no power folding mirrors, leather, sunroof, 15" mags, sunshade etc) and lesser cabin space.

I like the Lynx for what it is, but it seems that the Getz could be easier to maintain and run. ( I travel about 50-80kms a day)

Now I'm so confused.

Which would you choose?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With your daily commute,= you can't go wrong with a diesel engine, bro....

15.9K:apple:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

With your daily commute,= you can't go wrong with a diesel engine, bro....

15.9K:apple:
    thanks for the reply.

travel lifestyle-wise yeah! kaso nakakahinayang lang, wala masyado features ang Getz. Unlike the Lynx, it's loaded. I'm studying the CPS issues also of Lynx. Sana may Lynx owners na mag reply. Re: CPS engine stalling, kung kasama ba gen2/3 Lynxes as well ang RS model dito. Kasi if they are, scratch na Lynx.

Another, medyo mahirap maghanap ng Getz CRDi ah... found just 3 units over the net on a popular buying/selling site. 1 on the other and way over priced.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Why not use the Accent as your daily beater, then get a Lynx RS as your weekend fun car, which you can use every so often to work too.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    We owned a 2005 Gen3 Lynx GSi M/T and yes malakas siya sa gas. I was getting 8.5-9km/l city. 1.6L pa lang yun. How much more pa kaya yang 2.0L. But heck, angganda ng handling and power. Binenta lang namin sa relative namin kasi nabaha siya, pero maayos pa rin hanggang ngayon and no issues daw sabi ng pinsan ko.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    8.5-9 km/L isn't all too bad for an old 1.6L sedan. Mga ganyan din naman FC ng similarly-aged sedans tulad ng Sentra GSX and Lancer GLX

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you would just have to balance your needs.

amenities + high fuel consumption = lynx
    no amenities + frugal fuel costs = getz
    amenities + frugal fuel costs = ???
    no amenities + high fuel consumption = ???

then you can decide....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since meron ka nang Accent CRDi, huwag na sana ang Getz CRDi since halos pareho lang naman sila. Get a Lynx Ghia M/T for good FC with nice luxury features. If you really want the Hyundai diesel engine, might I suggest you get the Hyundai Matrix instead, so that you would at least get more space. Liit ng Getz eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    *jut703, actually Accent talaga yung akin kaso nakipag palit si ermat with her Vios, which does field work sa akin na office-bahay-gym lang, so hindi ko nagagamit yung Accent practically everyday. Vios talaga service ko. And i would have to agree, matipid na ang 8.5-9km/l for an 1.6L MT car. My Sentra does 7km/l pero AT.

*GTi, OK ang Matrix but limited run and rarity scares me pag may nasira unlike the Getz na very popular up until now. Part of the reason gusto ko ng Getz CRDi is kasi nga may Accent CRDi na ako, i know how fast and frugal and easy to maintain that spanking bitch hehehe ;)

I want something na may magandang low resale to high model year ratio, features, ease of maintenance and fuel efficiency. Exalta STA sana kung naging manual transmission lang...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Magkano ba ang iyong budget?

IMHO hindi naman siguro mahirap magmaintain ng Matrix since it shares lots of the mechanical bits with the Accent and Getz including the engine and, I think, the transmission also.

Ayaw mo ng Accent uli? IMHO liit kasi talaga ng Getz eh. At sa lakas ng makina para ka siguro lumilipad.

Eto oh: 06 Hyundai Accent DIESEL MT | Cars for sale Parañaque | AyosDito.ph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast