New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I've been in the market searching for a 2nd hand car so I could make use of our company car loan benefit. Here;s my dilemna :

* the car I'm buying is registered to someone who is not in the country. seller says that the DOS will just be mailed daw. Is this ok? How can the DOS be verified (i.e., if its really his signature)

* the company check will be paid to --- the registered owner who isn't here. the seller says that she will just execute a power of attorney so they can claim the check. whats a power of attorney?

I encounter situations like these and it can really get frustrated sometimes. I hope you guys could help me. I already found my dream car but have the same dilemna as above. hope you can help me coz I've had too many sleepless nights and endless daydreams.

thanks in advance guys

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mahirap yan sir. I suggest that you find out if the owner of the car can issue an SPA (special power of attorney) for that para malinis.

OR, find a different car na lang. Less hassle.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Yes, hanap ka na lang ng ibang dream car mo para walang sakit ng ulo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    bro! hirap yan, baka hindi na matapos ang sleepless nights pag naghabol ang tunay na may ari ng oto.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo risky, imho. there are lots of cars with the same variant with local owners.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    QUESTION, What is that dream car of yours, which would make it worth a serious consideration for the hassles, risks, and frustrations that may may ensue in pursuing it?

If it is a rare one, people in the tsikot may have some access and could be of help finding a similar one.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    its actaully a 2007 lancer GT 2.0 480k ang price niya. already got to test drive it and in very good condition. lady driven. the car still smells freakin new. but am trying to move on na. hehehe.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ang mura naman? if it's too good to be true, chances are...its not...baka magsisi kalang bro

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    its lady owned and rush sale coz she's leaving the country. the CR is under her BF's name. one person suggested to me that the current lady owner execute a deed of sale between herself and her BF whose name appears as the registered owner. then she issues a deed of sale to me. afterwhich the transfer of ownership will be processed. does this make sense? thanks for all the advices and plssss keep them coming.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    its lady owned and rush sale coz she's leaving the country. the CR is under her BF's name. one person suggested to me that the current lady owner execute a deed of sale between herself and her BF whose name appears as the registered owner. then she issues a deed of sale to me. afterwhich the transfer of ownership will be processed. does this make sense? thanks for all the advices and plssss keep them coming.
    sounds logical
    lady/owner -> BF -> you
    kung yung BF ang naka registered owner, the DOS should be between the BF and you only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Plsssss I need your advice. I'm desperate! (searching for a 2nd hand car)