New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I am a newbie here. Hope I am welcome to post and see your comments. I am buying a family car in the next few days. Please help me choose between Suzuki APV type II SGX (php 810k) or Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport Php (875K)

Suzuki APV II sgx: AT: Gas: 7 seater
    Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport: MT: Diesel: 9 seater

Hope I read your advices soon..
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    adven. diesel and nicer interior.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    kung sa adventure at APV ay sa adventure na ako, pero kung adventure GLS Sport ang kukunin mo ay mas mabuti pang sa fuzion ka nalang, hindi naman nagkakalayo ang price ang kuha ko sa fuzion ko ay 895K..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go with the adventure. Cheaper in diesel. Cheaper in maintenance. And better aftersales service. Besides, the Adventure GLS Sport doesn't look that bad. Also, it seats more, comfortably.

I`d say, stay away from the Fuzion. Though it has admittedly, a nice interior and gives you a plush ride feeling, the fuel consumption is bad. Last time I read, one fuzion consumed 4-5km/l, city driving. And yeah, it's gas.

Regarding to the styling of the three ( fuzion, included ) I`d say, the Adventure still gets it. The remaining two have narrower bodies with high body height that makes it rather look dangerous when attacking the corners at a higher speed. And yeah, the engine bay of the APV is small. I don't know if it's prone to overheating or whatever, I just particularly dislike small engine rooms.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Advie got my vote I own a 2002 Adventure Super Sports Diesel with 190K odo still running good and no headache hope this help

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The APV rolls too much even in simple turns.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Advie gets my vote. diesel engine is a plus (econimical), and I like its looks compared to APV. Mas Maganda family car yung adventure compared sa APV for me, at mas okay dahil mas tipid yun, mas madame ka pa masasakay.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    adventure din ako.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Say what you will about the Adventure's age, but renzo_d10 is right: the APV has a higher center of gravity, and it could get scary on highway runs with lots of trucks and buses speeding by. Gasoline engine plus AT, in a vehicle of that size? Worst combination you could possibly get.

Besides, the Adventure has a more accessible engine location. Not only is it safer in design, it also makes maintenance easier.

Go for the Adventure. Hundreds of enterprising OFWs and FX operators can't be wrong. :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 2nd, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me it's Adventure also... first it is a diesel engine and you could get a very good fc from it ang maintenance wise it is easy to maintain becasue of its aged 4d56 engine which is really a tried and tested engine. APV on the other hand has a nice interior layout but it is a gas engine and has a very small 1.6 liter engine that is attached to a big body. you do the math na lang. Baka after 5 years hindi ka na makaahon sa baguio or sa likod ng tagaytay...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Pls help me choose: Adventure or APV?