New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you want to save lots on gas, I'd suggest you get the GD Jazz iDSI M/T. Not the CVT due to possible reliability issues. It's better looking than the City, even thriftier than the Vios, and even though it lacks power, it is at least faster than the Picanto. Another option you have would be to get a diesel vehicle. P10/L difference is a lot. You don't have to be getting 16km/L to be able to save more on fuel. Though I'm quite positive such cars as the Accent, Getz and Matrix CRDi should be able to achieve this on a light foot. Devilishly fast too. :devil: What do you think?
    My Accent CRDi does 16km/l in a jiffy. Not even breaking a sweat while breaking speed limits too

Btw, your 2003 Altis feels much better inside than a Vios or even an Accent. You'll feel their economy roots once seated in. Haven't you considered just giving your car a makeover?

Lastly, wag kasi sa kotse kaya ka may naaalala eh hehehe lolz :p

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Suggestion ko rin if well maintained yun altis mo, just do a makeover nalang rather than downgrade.

Maybe you can have it detailed, remove tint, change mags or stereo. or anything to make it new or just update
    its look to the face lifted one. etc etc

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'm considering washover din kasi dame gasgas na. Exterior washover lang. ok naman. ang loob ko. How much ang exterior washover lately? btw, when u say exterior washover, ano ibig sabihin pala?

I just considered a picanto kasi i saw 2010 grey model, nice vehicle pang araw araw lang

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Check ko din ang jazz. pag jazz kasi, di kaya sa budget na 350k

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Exterior wash over cost around 15 to 35k depending on the brand of paint that will be use. I suggest magpa change color ka and stripped down. Magmumukabg bago oto mo. Pati engine bay pipinturahan. Had mine last year. Sulit for 35k sa carreation sa qc

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    When you say budget is around 300k. Eto na ba talaga o pwedeng pang down tapos monthly nalang? Kasi you can get a brand new car na with that. Diesel maganda FC pero siyempre pms cost is a bit higher.
    Kung sticking to petrol, get one of those 1.0 to 1.5 na mga displacements. Pero nakakatakot din kung second hand na small car... I rarely see super well maintained na small car eh

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    *albert_b

300k for the car itself na. i dont want to burden myself with monthly payments

Tapos guys, how about nissan sentra 1.3 (2008 model), is this fuel efficient vehicle? i used to have sentra 1.3, 2000 model. Ok naman. Pero parang asa Php 30 per liter pa yun.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vilaern View Post
    *albert_b

300k for the car itself na. i dont want to burden myself with monthly payments

Tapos guys, how about nissan sentra 1.3 (2008 model), is this fuel efficient vehicle? i used to have sentra 1.3, 2000 model. Ok naman. Pero parang asa Php 30 per liter pa yun.
    What variant of Altis do you own?

The Sentra 1.3 body has been around for quite a while already.

I really think you should just keep the car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    unless you bought a car like mine (800cc Alto) or a Celerio or their equivalent in Hyundai (EON or I10), you won't be able to reach 16km/l. and this is a serious downgrade unless you have a 2nd car like I do na it depends sa situation kung ano ang dapat gamitin. pero kung primary car mo lang ito I suggest mag vios ka nalang.

ok na rin naman yung 10-12km/l ng vios in city driving. just get a maintained one. I suggested the vios since toyota owner ka na. alam mo na ang maintenance ng sasakyan ng toyota, and of course mas mura pa maintenance ng vios compared sa altis mo.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    my altis is 1.6 J

i think mali ang lagay, it's not really 16km per liter i am aiming, i was just thinking about 12-13km per liter, for city driving, kasi my altis is 9km per liter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please help....Upgrading to newer model but downgrading the vehicle