New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hello everyone.
    I am quite new here.

Here in philippines, the vehicle prices are quite high compare to other country. I would like to ask, if I am going to make my money worth, what should be the vehicle to buy around 1.1m pesos or less? I prefer automatic trans.

SUV like xtrail 2WD? crosswind? advanture?

pick up like Dmax? Hilux 2WD AT 2.7GAS?

van like starex?

basically use for everyday driving.
    occationally need cargo space.
    and rarely, might need to consider accomodate some passengers(this might rule out pick up, but we like the high clearance, and look of pick up)

I heard SUV has higher tax. Is it true? If so, I feel it is not worth to buy a SUV like Xtrail because my money is going to the tax......

Please help and give me some opinion, or information.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    aha 1.1m budget. tucson crdi a/t. love your product bwahaha

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Top of the Line Innova

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tucson lang ang pasok sa 1.1M for SUV. Pede offroad so no probs sa mga lubak at occasional baha.

Xwind and Adven are MPV(incl Innova). Not for offroad pero pang tao at light cargo.

Van sayang gas kung madalas ikaw lang.

Pickup actually preference ng marami naun. Mga new models naman ginagawang car like. Pede pang offroad, mas matibay sa baha at lubak. Pede pa pang cargo, pede rin sa tao, magtiyaga lang sa likod since minsan lang naman, lol. Pickups are good alternative to SUVs kasi mahal talaga SUVs at since mahal expect an even expensive maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thanks hominid.

It seems functionality wise, just choose MPV over SUV. Since SUV has higher tax, MPV actually worth more of my money. am I right on this?

As if like the driving pleasure of SUV, just choose pick up, as pick up would be more money worth. am I right?

I think a starex is 2.5 diesel. Why does a van consume more gas? since most MPV and pick up has the same displacement.......

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes innova..maraming makarga and very spacious. the d4d engine wala na atang problema, out innova is problem free after 24k kms

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    toyota hi-ace commuter van diesel tipid pa sa krudo and maluwag space

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquetempo View Post
    Why does a van consume more gas? since most MPV and pick up has the same displacement.......
    Between a van and a pick-up with the same engine and the same displacement, I guess the van might consume more fuel primarily because of the vehicle's weight. A van carries more seats at the rear, plus it uses more sheet metal and glass because of the extended cabin. The rear on a pick-up, on the other hand, is bare and open on purpose for carrying cargo.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 3rd, 2007 at 05:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The tax isn't on the type of vehicle anymore, it's on the vehicle's price.

The more expensive a vehicle is, the more tax.

If you want to pay little in taxes, buy a cheaper vehicle... preferably one that's partially or fully assembled in the Philippines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

please help! Pick up or Van or SUV?