New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Guys,
    You've helped me before figuring out that the Picanto is better than the Spark, I was decided to get the Picanto back then,but considering the price range is within range of the base model Accent, again I became confused.

Here is what I have learned so far (reading through our Forum pages):

Picanto 1.2 M/T:

-better on fuel consumption as compared to the accent
    -awesome good looks
    -costs more (and for me the interior looks better)
    -the only flaw I know of, concerning the Picanto is the fuel consumption and it's only a problem for the 1.0 A/T variant
    -im not particular about power, so the 1.2 engine will suit me well
    -smaller than the Accent
    -I like this one in white

Accent base model 1.4L M/T:

-decent fuel consumption for its class
    -costs less, but i'd have to buy new tires and wheels to replace the standard hub cap covered steel rim. (would still be under warranty, if I follow the recommended rim size and tire attribute)
    -one MAJOR concern is the "knocking problem," the dealer told me they'll re-program the ECU if this happens.
    -RUGGED awesome good looks.
    -another "con" there are other problems which was addressed in the Accent thread
    -Spacious indeed
    -I like this one in black
    -again, not very particular about power

Please, enlighten me on other factors in consideration of these cars.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I was very close in getting a base model Accent weeks ago, to the point na halos mag-shell out na ako ng 5k para sa reservation. But recently, I backed out because I knew na hindi lang pala Knocking issue ang kailangan kong problemahin.

Anyway, it's more powerful than the 1.3S MT City.. it's pretty spacious and looks decent enough. It actually doesn't look like a 608k (after discounts) vehicle.

Headlights are weak as well as the horns. So you might want to have these 2 upgrades at the top of your "mod-list"

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What about the Kia Rio 1.2 LX?

It's like a mix of the Picanto 1.2 EX and the Accent 1.4 GL.

598k gets you a thrifty 1.2L 87 HP engine, spanking good looks, class-leading space, and good driving dynamics. Yung ibang features idagdag mo nalang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What about the Kia Rio 1.2 LX?

It's like a mix of the Picanto 1.2 EX and the Accent 1.4 GL.

598k gets you a thrifty 1.2L 87 HP engine, spanking good looks, class-leading space, and good driving dynamics. Yung ibang features idagdag mo nalang.
    Oo nga, why not the Rio 1.2LX. :confused:

I'm betting it wont have any fuel issues as compared to the 1.4L Gamma Engine.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    I haven't seen the interior of the RIO, i'll try to check it out tomorrow, I'm also a little "iffy" about its rear manual windows. Great exterior thou, and it's only available in white and silver for the 1.2 M/T variant.

It's funny how I can't sleep well, thinking of what to get

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jdolor View Post
    I haven't seen the interior of the RIO, i'll try to check it out tomorrow, I'm also a little "iffy" about its rear manual windows. Great exterior thou, and it's only available in white and silver for the 1.2 M/T variant.

It's funny how I can't sleep well, thinking of what to get
    It's ok to have rear manual windows, it won't be you who will be using it anyway.

Get the Silver unit. Easy to maintain color and far from being called a taxi.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely look into the base model RIO. It does not have Knocking issues right? I believe from what iv'e read, its only a concern for the 1.4L engine RIO & ACCENT?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jdolor View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely look into the base model RIO. It does not have Knocking issues right? I believe from what iv'e read, its only a concern for the 1.4L engine RIO & ACCENT?
    Yes....................... so far.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i got the 1.2 picanto over the accent solely because of the number of issues i've read in tsikot. possible knocking issue + horrible after sales support from hyundai really discouraged me..

as for the rio, i'd rather have a small and zippy 1.2 car than a bigger, more sluggish 1.2 car due to power to weight ratio. but since power is no issue for you, i guess the rio would be a good buy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Please help me rate: 2012 Kia Picanto 1.2 M/T and the 2012 Hyundai Accent 1.4 M/T