New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    parang previous gen na Mazda 3
    The previous gen Mazda3 had a much stiffer ride and the Mazda3 1.6L had a real anemic engine for such a heavy body.

The Lancer EX 1.6L has a better balance of engine power to body weight. It's about the same as what you would find in a Corolla or a Civic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I guess the paper specs were rather spot on this time. 115 hp + 4AT + 1250 kg = soso performance compared to other 1.6L cars.
    The performance is expected with a smaller engine than the earlier released Lancer EX 2.0L.... but the benefit is to the new owners where they have better fuel economy with the smaller 1.6L engine yet still have enough power to make the driving experience enjoyable and not just another chore.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To the thread Starter:

In whatever car you choose, it is best to try out each car on your "preferred" list and even some other cars that are suggested as well. Why? Beyond what is written in the specifications list of each car, there are subtle differences in design and style that is hard to put down on paper and can only be understood when you experience the car first hand.

There are things like how the interior is designed that can make you either love or hate the car. Sometimes having the design that has become too common or overused (the case of the Accent, Elantra, Sonata and Tucson sharing the same overall design) may be an issue with you (or not). It might be the small touches that may make or break a car purchase like how comfortable the seats are FOR YOU. A particular car seat might fit me like a glove (in my case it might be a baking mitt) but it might feel like a torture rack to you because your body has a different built to me (I would cite the previous Mazda3's rear seats, I found it torture to ride at the rear seats for more than 30 mins at a time).

Having feedback from dozens of people is a plus but it should not replace you having a real test drive in the car you plan to buy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    P855k pala Lancer EX GLX 1.6L A/T, 16" alloy wheels na, ABS/EDB/BA pa, plus bluetooth and touchscreen HU; 4 speed nga lang tranny (MITSUBISHI MOTORS PHILIPPINES CORPORATION| LANCER EX GLX A/T) ... may tulog Elantra dito

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In line with GH's post, which one calls out to you? At the end of the day, even if the Elantra is, say the one that's objectively the most bang for the buck, if your heart wants a Jazz, you'll always have what-ifs. Or if rationally the Jazz makes the most sense to you, but then you really want the styling of the Elantra or Lancer coz it coddled you in the right way when you sat in its cockpit, then that's it!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i'd agree with GH and IM here.. It is really up to you. We will all suggest to go test drive all units and whichever car you choose, you won't regret it. All of your choices are great. Sometimes, just by going in a car makes you say "this is it".

Similarly what happened to me when i chose the Jazz. Chices were between the Altis, Elantra and jazz. But when i rode the Jazz, there was this "it" moment for me.

Even if others say that this is better this or that, if you follow on what you want, you won't regret it

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    To the thread Starter:

In whatever car you choose, it is best to try out each car on your "preferred" list and even some other cars that are suggested as well. Why? Beyond what is written in the specifications list of each car, there are subtle differences in design and style that is hard to put down on paper and can only be understood when you experience the car first hand.

There are things like how the interior is designed that can make you either love or hate the car. Sometimes having the design that has become too common or overused (the case of the Accent, Elantra, Sonata and Tucson sharing the same overall design) may be an issue with you (or not). It might be the small touches that may make or break a car purchase like how comfortable the seats are FOR YOU. A particular car seat might fit me like a glove (in my case it might be a baking mitt) but it might feel like a torture rack to you because your body has a different built to me (I would cite the previous Mazda3's rear seats, I found it torture to ride at the rear seats for more than 30 mins at a time).

Having feedback from dozens of people is a plus but it should not replace you having a real test drive in the car you plan to buy.

Ganda! Very well said! My test drive is scheduled on Saturday for Honda Jazz. I will try to go to Hyundai and Mitsubishi on Saturday too at Alabang. Maybe after driving these 3 cars makakapag decide na ako.

Right now down to 2 choices na lang ako between Elantra 1.6 AT and Jazz 1.5 AT because of their transmissions but I will still visit Mitsubishi to make sure that there will be no regrets.

Maybe one deciding factor will be comfortability and safety. I have a 97' Corolla Big Body currently and my dad has a Corona Excsior. Iba ang feeling ng Excsior, mas stable and mas comfortable sakyan specially long drive. Even though they are both manual, mas less stress pag Corona ang dala ko. Di ko ramdam ang kalsada kahit 120K na. Eto cgro din ang titignan ko between JAZZ and ELANTRA.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The performance is expected with a smaller engine than the earlier released Lancer EX 2.0L.... but the benefit is to the new owners where they have better fuel economy with the smaller 1.6L engine yet still have enough power to make the driving experience enjoyable and not just another chore.
    Any 1.5L or 1.6L has enough power to make the drive enjoyable, if it's speed they're after. The Lancer's advantage methinks is the more dynamic chassis compared to, say, the Altis.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Aesthetics JAZZ & ELANTRA
    Fuel Consumption JAZZ
    Engine Transmission ELANTRA (6-speed)
    Price JAZZ
    Space ELANTRA & JAZZ (ULT)
    Aftermarket JAZZ
    Parts JAZZ
    Warranty ELANTRA
    Maintenance ELANTRA
    Electronic Features JAZZ (paddleshift)
    Safety JAZZ (ABS and 4 disc breaks)
    Wheels JAZZ
    Reliabilty ???
    Comfort ???
    Performance ???
    Handling ???

Maybe I could answer all "???" after testing the 2 of them. :-)

By the way guys, could you give me a better choice of Bank that could give me the lowest interest for a car loan with good set of freebies as well.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraBoy View Post
    By the way guys, could you give me a better choice of Bank that could give me the lowest interest for a car loan with good set of freebies as well.
    I got the free first year compre insurance from BPI but Im not sure if BPI is still offering this
    Metrobank has ongoing promo na free first year compre insurance and first monthly amortization after 2 (?) months
    Bank of Commerce offered among the lowest rate plus P5k Petron fuel
    PS Bank, BDO offered low rates also

So I suggest to contact at least 3 banks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast