New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Jegger nabuhay ka hehe!

I know ganda ng engine at porma ng elantra kaso may drum breaks pa din. Try ko i test drive. Guys, any reviews sa FC ng 1.6 Elantra on city and highways? Kagabi daming Elantra. Pogi ng BLACK pero gusto ko din makita actual yung SANTORINI Blue.

As for lancer, I love the features and not too pricey compared to JAzz and Elantra. My hesitation is that it has only 4-speed automatic transmission.

Sa Jazz naman lahat ok lalo na paddleshift and 4 disc breaks but too pricey for a subcompact car. HU, bluetooth lang ang wala. Add 50K daw sabi sa casa. :-(

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraBoy View Post
    Wow! Sa Elantra nabasa ko 12-13K/L lang. mas matipid pala yung Lancer. musta nmn sir yung comfort and performance ng engine while cruising from NAsugbu to Manila? Di ba matagtag and feeling mabigat?
    Well, the comfort is still there as well as it's handling. In fact its very comfy that one of the writers was asleep at the back seat for nearly have the drive to Nasugbu. LOL! It was fun driving around the winding mountain roads around Pico de Loro.

As for the power, the 1.6L with 4AT feels sufficient in level ground driving up to over 100kph. As we hit the mountains and steeper road sections, we had to floor the accelerator to keep our speed going up. But note that it never felt as if it was going to stall or stop. That is with three people with stuff and gear in the trunk and back seat.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sa Jazz naman lahat ok lalo na paddleshift and 4 disc breaks but too pricey for a subcompact car. HU, bluetooth lang ang wala. Add 50K daw sabi sa casa. :-(
    to lower cost, others buy sa labas and installed sa casa para hindi ma void warranty

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    As for the power, the 1.6L with 4AT feels sufficient in level ground driving up to over 100kph. As we hit the mountains and steeper road sections, we had to floor the accelerator to keep our speed going up. But note that it never felt as if it was going to stall or stop. That is with three people with stuff and gear in the trunk and back seat.
    parang previous gen na Mazda 3

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Jegger nabuhay ka hehe!

I know ganda ng engine at porma ng elantra kaso may drum breaks pa din. Try ko i test drive. Guys, any reviews sa FC ng 1.6 Elantra on city and highways? Kagabi daming Elantra. Pogi ng BLACK pero gusto ko din makita actual yung SANTORINI Blue.:-(

hindi naman ako namatay. hahaha! teraboypeps hehe. ang alam ko ang BLACK ay available lang sa 1.8 na elantra pero di ako sure ahh. Yung SANTORINI blue nakatabi ko na maganda din

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wow ang gaganda ng feedback nyo guys. I was surprised with the FC review on the lancer. I've read almost all comments on the lancer thread but there are no current reviews regarding FC, performance and suspension on EX 1.6 variant. I also noticed that mostly GTA variants ang nasa streets. I love the blue color of lancer ex (masculine talaga) and the HU kasi touchscreen with bluetooth pa. I just dont know kung mabigat bang dalhin ang lancer because of its body.

Sa Elantra naman, super swabe looks. Tama di nga sya pang binata kasi for me elegant talaga ang Elantra parang manager ang dating. May shift tronic ba elantra?
    Sayang kung may budget pa ako I'll get 1.8 model kaso sagad na ako sa 888K ng 1.6AT. Natapos ko na nga din pala reviews sa Elantra. Ok nmn magaganda ang comments except for some na minor lang naman.
    The FC isn't all that impressive. Probably about par with most 1.6 engines. Keep in mind that the FC was recorded from an out of town trip with light traffic. The engine isn't all that special and a 4AT doesn't help much to improve fuel economy.

Konti palang yung 1.6 kasi kakalabas lang. But the Lancer chassis is good - not wallowy but not too stiff. Paired with high profile tires on tiny (for the big body) rims, ride should be comfy enough.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, the comfort is still there as well as it's handling. In fact its very comfy that one of the writers was asleep at the back seat for nearly have the drive to Nasugbu. LOL! It was fun driving around the winding mountain roads around Pico de Loro.

I guess the paper specs were rather spot on this time. 115 hp + 4AT + 1250 kg = soso performance compared to other 1.6L cars.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    if you will avail of auto loan, yung P70k difference ng 1.6L at 1.8L is just over P1k/month pero kapalit ay 16" rims, fog lamps, side repeater, better HU, more engine power, split folding rear seats, leather covered steering wheel, adjustable rear headrests, all wheel disc brakes, steering wheel mounted audio controls
    I agree with this post sir. The 70k difference is simply too small. Go with the 1.8 elantra sir, tapos na lahat na doubts. You get all your wants and needs in this car. Plus, you wont need to spend anything for upgrades since its already awesome as stock.

If I were to choose among your given choices only, the jazz still gets my vote. Its spacious, quick, sporty, fuel efficient, looks great too. The 1.6 elantra's interior is quite bare and the stock rims and tires is too small for its big body. Its a great car pero parang wala lang flavor. I cant comment on the 1.6 lancer since I have no first hand experience yet.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I would go for the Elantra; more hp, better engine, longer warranty, 6-speeds, and it's a newer model.

TO TS: If your budget is 888k and your plan is to get in-house financing, try going to a bank and see if you get a better deal. You may actually have room for the 1.8 Elantra.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Jegger nabuhay ka hehe!

I know ganda ng engine at porma ng elantra kaso may drum breaks pa din. Try ko i test drive. Guys, any reviews sa FC ng 1.6 Elantra on city and highways? Kagabi daming Elantra. Pogi ng BLACK pero gusto ko din makita actual yung SANTORINI Blue.

As for lancer, I love the features and not too pricey compared to JAzz and Elantra. My hesitation is that it has only 4-speed automatic transmission.

The best I ever did on my 1.6 MT based on the full tank method calculation is 14.78 km/L. This is from a full tank in petron Subic to Alabang Zapote road las pinas. Trip consists of cruising at 100 on sctex - nlex (with some bursts of speeds i wont mention ;) ). This also included some not so good weekend traffic in EDSA as well as alabang zapote. (total distance travelled: 190 km, fuel loaded on petron alabang - zapote: 12.85 Liters)

When cruising along in 6th gear at 100 on flat terrain (with aircon on), it is at about 2500 rpm and my trip computer would show 5.5L / 100Km which is about 18.2 Km/L but adjusting this (since elantra's trip computer based on my experience is almost always 10% optimistic in reporting fuel consumption) is about 16.4 Km/L.

Inter city though my consumption varies around 8-10 with the worst ever during last Chrismas shopping rush and the time when INC had their celebration where it was gridlocked everywhere... That was about 5-6 Km/L. I think that all newer 1.6 sedans are really within spitting range of each other in fuel consumption.

Also just a comment on a hatchback vs a sedan. A sedan can never beat a hatchback in terms of cargo space when the rear seats are folded. But when you need to carry more than 2 passengers, the sedan starts to show its advantage since you can carry a full load of passengers as well as a full load of cargo. But in a hatchback you need to sacrifice cargo space for rear seat passenger space. Sayang sana may mga magagandang newer wagons dito best of both worlds sana.haha!

Honestly, I think you cannot go wrong with any of those 3 choices of yours.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast