New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Dear All,

I am planning to buy a new 2010-2011 SUV but can't decide which one. I need your advices please. Sumasakit na ulo ko

Hyundai SantaFe
    Kia Sorento
    Mitsubishi Montero Sports
    Toyota Fortuner

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    What is the purpose? If I have the budget for Sta. Fe, I'll go with Sta. Fe...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroZ28 View Post
    Dear All,

I am planning to buy a new 2010-2011 SUV but can't decide which one. I need your advices please. Sumasakit na ulo ko

Hyundai SantaFe
    Kia Sorento
    Mitsubishi Montero Sports
    Toyota Fortuner
    Kung ako ang magpili, given your choices:

Hyundai SantaFe ---- 2nd choice
    Kia Sorento -------- 1st choice
    Mitsubishi Montero Sports ---- 3rd choice
    Toyota Fortuner ----- Last choice

Assuming diesel model lahat, and all lastest model nila

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd get the Sta Fe or Sportage, the only advantage of the MS and fortuner over the Sta Fe/sportage is ground clearance and off road capabilities but every thing else the StaFe/sorento wins for me.

edit ko para mas clear

here are the advantages of stafe/sportage and ms/fortuner over each other:

stafe/sportage: performance, quiet engine, features, interior look, leg room, seats.

ms/fortuner: ground clearance, off road capabilities, probably maintenance in the long run since it has less features than stafe/sportage.

looks will depend on the buyer, for me the MS ang pinaka pogi but i'd still buy the stafe over it simply because it is much better. fc won't have a huge difference between all 4.
    Last edited by foresterx; November 5th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sa Montero Sport ako.

I'm generally wary towards common-rail diesels, but at least the MS engine is based on the 4D56 platform (that is, assuming na 2.5L variant ang nasa choices mo).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sorento ako. Then Santa Fe then Fortuner then Montero.

The first two are superb when it comes to speed and acceleration, mainly because of it's modern engines ( r/-evgt ) ... and, the ride is really plush unlike the other two, quite bouncy.

However, the remaining two aren't that suck-ish `cause the higher ground clearance is really advantageous and it has more off-road capabilities than the other two.

At the end it boils down to your preference and needs.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sorento kapag diesel sya pero given di madali kumuha ng diesel nyan, sa Santa Fe ka na lang... Ayaw ko lang sa SF medyo luma na din... Pero yung makina modern na modern... Montero Sport pag 4X2 sya ang pangit ng interior, yung aircon dials nya parang yung 90's na Pizza Pie Lancer ko...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Check mo na lang yung mga previous thread.. daming ng discussion nya.. Tignan mo kung sino ang common choices.. SF and Sorento..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on use:

Sta Fe/Sportage = Mainly for city and some rough road trips
    Montero/FOrtuner = For offroading and some major chassis flexing

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Susundan ko itong thread na ito, we share the same dilemma. Looking at buying an SUV din by December, and we have the same choices. For a long time, Montero type ko, kasi macho at para kang naka Pajero na rin. However, MS is so plentiful na on the road that I feel its no longer "exclusive." Pati daming mga issues sa kanya.

Lately, I'm liking the looks of the new Sorento. Couple with the fact that the tech is better and there is more kit. Yun nga lang, I'm thinking what is the long term durability of the Sorento? I know that 5 years ang warranty niya, but I don't plan to have it maintained sa casa after the first 5K so the warranty is not appealing to me (too many horror stories with Casa, I don't trust them).

Plus the Sorento is more expensive in the 7 seater version. P1.7M against MS 1.4M.

My max budget naman is P1.5M. Sagad na yun.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Planning To Buy But Can't Decide Which One (StaFe/Sportage/Montero/Fortuner)