New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Given a 1.2M budget, which one would you choose and which model?
    Also please list the pros and cons of an SUV vs pickup.
    City driving with ocassional treks to batangas or subic so importante ang fuel efficiency.
    Family of 4, kids are aged 4+ and <1. Which one is a better choice?
    May biz si misis na party needs pero di ko sure kung itutuloy pa din yun pag lumipat na kami ng bahay. any ideas? help!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    City driving with ocassional treks to batangas or subic so importante ang fuel efficiency.
    May biz si misis na party needs pero di ko sure kung itutuloy pa din yun pag lumipat na kami ng bahay. any ideas? help!!
    I think a pick-up is good for you since party business right? with that budget... Go for the New Mitsubishi Strada GLS!!!

Pros: Comfy ride (suv like), has the bed (since pick-up), space. Reliable 4D56 Crdi, Fuel Efficient and had all the safety features you need than any other pick-ups.
    Cons: ano cons? hehehe... I think the Strada has all the qualities already.

Kung SUV...
    Pros: Comfy ride...
    Cons: Not so business friendly...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006

IMHO Pick-up ako. sa budget na 1.2M parang kulang for a full size SUV. Fuel efficient and maganda naman ride ng mga pick ups nowadays. Kasya naman kayong 4. And para sa biz ni misis meron ka bed.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks sa mga nagreply...
    isa pa pong tanong? ok po ba maging daily car ang pickup?

comments naman po from suv owners kung bakit suv yung binili nyo...para may ibang pov naman.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pick up as a daily car? Okay na okay hiyang ako sa pick up. Bad trip lang sa masisikip na parking area.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i bought a pick up last year.. ang deciding factor was the business. kelangan ko ng sasakyan na pwede kong kargahan...

i like the new ford ranger(ito talaga bias ako hehe), strada or hi-lux... whichever you choose may model silang below 1.2M.

as for the SUV... mahal hehe yan lang masasabi ko.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    ...Family of 4, kids are aged 4+ and <1. Which one is a better choice?
    I see an SUV in your future.

I only have 1 three year old but kulang na nga ang space in my Dmax, especially sa long drives. We choose a pick-up over an SUV last year because of our business needs but then when our anticipated 2nd/bunso will arrive, I'll definitely get an SUV.

Pros and Cons? Both have equal shares of, which usually boils down to your family's lifestyle.

Good Luck!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sa mga nagreply...
    isa pa pong tanong? ok po ba maging daily car ang pickup?

comments naman po from suv owners kung bakit suv yung binili nyo...para may ibang pov naman.
    with the Strada you'll be tempted to make it your daily car! Well, yeah, I guess limited space is an issue. But I can use my ingenuity with that... If I have a Strada, I will put a smaller campershell that can be easily reached using the rear power windows

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yan din katwiran ko noon year 2000, I bought a Strada for future business use. I ended up buying and using an L300FB instead for business use.

reason, wala maisakay sa cargo area. if you will really need a pickup for business, buy the ones with lower ground clearance. parusa magbaba ng gamit pag mataas na pickup

the problem kasi with having a pickup that will be used both for personal and business use: mamahalin mo ng husto ang loob to the point na ayaw mo magsakay ng pawisan na kargador. so who's left to the hard work, ikaw (unless pag-commute mo sila or provide a beater car for them). and with high ground clearance, daig mo pa nag-cycling ng 1 oras sa gym siguro dyan.

4x4 Pickups pang-porma lang yan. gone are the days na meron malaking gap sa price between an SUV and a Pickup. for me SUV all the way ...

give it 5 years more, the 4x4 or high ground-clearance pickup is an endangered "species" na dito sa P'nas.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    SUV for me hirap i-park yang pickup. Kung gagamitin sa business pwede naman ang SUV mas safe pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Pickup or SUV