New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50, Toyota Hi-Lux, Mitsubishi Strada, All new Isuzu D-Max, Chevrolet Colarado, Volkswagen Amarok and Nissan Navarra compared.

Do you agree with the final rankings?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C720

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Of Course.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50, Toyota Hi-Lux, Mitsubishi Strada, All new Isuzu D-Max, Chevrolet Colarado, Volkswagen Amarok and Nissan Navarra compared.

Arguably YES, absolutely agree with the Ford Ranger's engine prowess as well as with the Renault-Nissan engine designed 3.0-litre V6 Nissan Navara.... But for 2013 sir, this is only a single magazine.

On the other hand though, don't quite agree as this is only a single Australian based magazine that is not even quite influential for a 4x4 advice....

The Isuzu D-max 3.0-litre iTEQ VGS Turbo and its twin-turbo 2.5-litre Euro version are REAPING more awards not only in Australia but also in the UK, Germany, and Austria, where the magazine shootouts are more influential, like Auto Bild of Germany and 4WD Action of Australia. Allrad Champions of Austria is an arm of the Auto Bild magazine.

The 4WD Action test, on the other hand, was even done in fine desert sands with top-hauling at the vehicle's GVM.... The D-max was the top pick overall and it was even the most fuel efficient in the group.

Here are the different pickup 4x4 shootouts, one is in a detailed pdf copy....

The European and Australian theatres awards
    International & Past Awards | Isuzu UTE Australia, Isuzu D-MAX, Isuzu Awards

The 4WD Action and Delivery magazines awards
    Latest Awards | Isuzu UTE Australia, Isuzu D-MAX, Ute of the Year

4WD Action pdf document
    http://isuzuutestreaming.s3.amazonaw...e_year_web.pdf

Last edited by d_mac; September 29th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012

But the "better" D-max engine, the 4JJ1-TCX series, will not be offered to the Philippine market, so these international shootouts are meaningless for Pinoys unless that engine gets here hehe.... Not only that the message i got recently by SMS from an Isuzu agent that it's not only going to be offered, but most likely, it will never be offered.... The Isuzu Motors in these foreign countries are from the superior business sense of Isuzu Philippines.

In Philippines though, my top pick is still the Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D and the 2nd is the 5-inline cylinder Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi. Push comes to shove if i want more power and torque, the Ranger will be the KING ;)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Oh my, you really shouldn't mention or post links to articles that insinuate that the DMax is not Number 1. You're opening Pandora's Box by doing so.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Yes, the Ranger (its BT-50 twin) and VW Amarok are probably the top pickups now.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Oh my, you really shouldn't mention or post links to articles that insinuate that the DMax is not Number 1. You're opening Pandora's Box by doing so.
    That reminds me, I'll just repost this here...
    Last edited by AG4; September 30th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    [

That reminds me, I'll just repost this here...
    [/QUOTE]

Di pede mangyari to!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Awwwww How Cute........

9. Join Date
    May 2006

ano yung nasa pinakalikod?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    ano yung nasa pinakalikod?
    D-max ata

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast