New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm on the market for a petrol powered MPV for my family and would be needing at least a 7-seater with A/T. The budget is capped at 940k so any diesel MPV or SUV is out of the picture.

What are your thoughts guys and gals?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...

Toyota website says for P940K, the only Innovas are all Manual
    1) E - 2.0 Gas P923K
    2) J - 2.5 Diesel P868K
    3) J - 2.0 Gas P813K

It's P988K for an Auto tranny 2.0E Gas Innova.

Fuzion 2.4 GLX Gas AT is P950K

Livina Highway Star is P928 for the Luxury edition.

It seems only the Livina will make the P940K budget, though I believe it's the smallest of the 3. I would suggest a test ride and a test drive to find out which one works best.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bakit naman ayaw ng diesel?? innova at fuzion lang ang pwede dyan... of course innova na

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang ang liit ng Livina if compared to an Innova. Between the Fuzion and the Innova naman, dun na 'ko sa Innova.

Why not diesels? Sayang. There's the Carens, D4D Innova...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to seat seven people comfortably, the Innova would be the better choice over the Livina.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    halos lahat gusto diesel pero kayo gusto niyo gas :-) kung MPV lang mas ok sir yung diesel. innova din suggestion lalo na kung 7 seater

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Will you be carrying 7 people all the time?

Kasi kung hindi, I would suggest the Kia Carens 2.0 LX A/T. 949k. Dagdagan mo nalang yung budget mo ng 9k, or haggle with your dealer for the discount.

It's a fast and frugal diesel MPV that looks good in and out (except the steel rims, pero mura lang palitan yun in the future). Only downside is that 3rd row occupants won't be as comfortable as they would have been in an Innova. Oh, and malambot suspension ng Carens so it easily bottoms out pag full load.
    Last edited by jut703; June 11th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    halos lahat gusto diesel pero kayo gusto niyo gas :-) kung MPV lang mas ok sir yung diesel. innova din suggestion lalo na kung 7 seater
    It was mentioned that the TS has budget limits (under P1M) for purchasing the vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the inputs guys. Yes, it's the higher cost of diesel MPVs kaya nawala sya sa shortlist. I originally intend to get a Carens A/T but wala nang merong stock.

In terms of fuel consumption, what can I expect among the three?

1. Innova E A/T - 7-8 km/L city driving? (btw, the last quote given to us was P939k)

2. Fuzion - same as Innova or worse?

3. Livina - around 9-10 km/L city driving?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Between your choices sir I would choose the Innova E. Mas comfy passengers since wide naman ito unlike the GL Highway Star na masikip and ang AC vents ay nasa harap lang. Sobrang init. I have driven na kasi a GL (my friend's) Okay din ang fuzion but gas guzzler daw. I hope may diesel variant ito. Hehehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast