New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    look under the hood and also check the under chassis you will know the difference between the vitara and the feroza problem is wala na daihatsu dito sa atin an bad trip sa columbian... napalitan na siya ng ROCKY ngayon, but 4x4 people across the world specially in australia and malaysia still prefer the older feroza kesa dun sa bagong rocky. from the words of cruven owner claro- this truck was built for punishment

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    remember they're both used..so take your time looking...

pajero jr: 94-96..some are 98+ jdm model year (check mo seatbelts) 660 turbo..common ang 3-speed a/t, mayroon ding 4-or 5-speed manual, conventional 4wd(2h-4h-4l)..compact and mas makakapalingon kaysa sa jimney..kasi bibihira ang looks.
    downside:being imported and di relased locally, finding replacement parts is a challenge. pero iba ang class-a japanese used car compared sa class-a local natin..

jimny:1300 cc, 2000+ model (local) 1990++, 660cc turbo (imported, particularly JDM) a/t or m/t. masmadali parts nito, kasi kahit imported, madaming enthusiast nito dito compared sa pajero jr., but kung ung 1300cc, masmatipid parin ung 660cc...

bottomline, hanap ka ng maganda-ganda unit na gusto mo..i advice manual on secondhand..you'll never know kung sira ang a/t hanggat di na tumakbo yan...ok naman a/t, basta be sure to check that the oil is red-pink in color and smells sweet...otherwise, iwan mo yan, no mater what it look like.

vitara 2-door?o gusto mo talaga mini SUV...
    Thanks sir yummy. Your post is very informative, although, because of the the contradicting posts here, im a bit confused now as regards the mini and the jr........You mentioned "660 turbo," for the paj jr., does this mean 660 cc displacement? But, some specs say "1100 cc a/t" for instance.Is this a different variant?

I also considered the vitara but, accordingly, it is a gas guzzler, especially the a/t model, isnt it?

1.6L dohc ang vitara, 2-door version, manual may be mas matipid, less weight,maybe..

baka nga iba ung 1.1L, pero most nakita ko noong nag-iikot ako for JDMs, are 660cc gasoline turbo with mostly A/T..pop the hood, pag may intercooler and turbo, at check mo ung VIN plate, nandun lahat un...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    2 door paj japorms. vita 16 valve lng

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky
    I also considered the vitara but, accordingly, it is a gas guzzler, especially the a/t model, isnt it?
    I have a couple of officemates both using 02 1.6l Vitara Matics. Accdg to them, they just get 5.5-6.5km/li on city driving.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 01:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks for all the inputs. i appreciate it very much.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First generation Vitaras ('95 up) can do 7-9km/L on a light foot and stock tires.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

parang 2.0L! di nalalayo ata sa crv and rav4

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. Because its built like a truck [heavy] and medyo old school so not as efficient.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll take the jimny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
pajero jr (japan surplus) or 2nd hand suzuki jimney