New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I need your opinion mga daddy with SUVs. Is it still worth to hava a Pajero FM bago mahuli ang lahat since pawala na ang brand new nito? One thing I like is the space. Other newer ones within the price range only
    sits 5. Kahit medyo luma na ang looks but still it’s a Pajero.
    Added question, CRDi na ba ang 4m40 or simply Direct Injection? Since wala nang M/T hindi ba siya underpowered?
    Sorry for those repeating questions that could be found in previous Pajero threads.

THANKS

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    I need your opinion mga daddy with SUVs. Is it still worth to hava a Pajero FM bago mahuli ang lahat since pawala na ang brand new nito? One thing I like is the space. Other newer ones within the price range only
    sits 5. Kahit medyo luma na ang looks but still it’s a Pajero.
    Added question, CRDi na ba ang 4m40 or simply Direct Injection? Since wala nang M/T hindi ba siya underpowered?
    Sorry for those repeating questions that could be found in previous Pajero threads.

THANKS

4M40 is not CRDi.

Kuha ka na lang ng Fortuner. 3.0 ang engine 4x4 pa!

In terms of body size, the Pajero is a little longer, but the Fortuner is wider.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Compared to vehicles like the Fortuner, it really is underpowered, but I find it sufficient for daily use.

It's more loaded than the Fort, with land meter displays, tire pressure monitor, multi-mode ECT (power - normal - hold modes for the transmission) and suspension settings (comfort - normal - hard... I prefer hard). The ride is better than the Fortuner's, definitely.

I can't remember if the current one has side-facing third row seats or not... If it does, I prefer that set-up to the Fortuner's. The Fortuner's third row is comfortable in terms of cushioning, but the seats are big and bulky, limiting legroom and cargo space.

It's still a lot of money, though, for such an old design, and it has no 4x4 option.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a Php1.8M AUV . hehehe. If you really like the Pajero, it's your chance to own a piece of history. The unavailability of 4wd or any traction-aiding device means it won't work for me. But on traction sufficent surfaces, it can still haul and tow like its 4x4 siblings.

On the road, almost any car-based SUV will trump it in terms of ride and handling. The interior is dated. It remains essentially unchanged since the GEN II's launch in '92.

Yes, it has more features than the Fortuner except for not having a passenger airbag and ABS. I also hear it's still got more 'street cred' among non-enthusiasts (people who don't know s*it about cars).

Power is relative. For me the 125bhp 4m40 4a/t combo is adequate. Of course a Fortuner with a 160bhp 3.0 engine will easily leave it behind. But the Pajero's drivetrain has proven itself to be bulletproof and idiotproof over the years.

The units being sold now have forward facing seats upholstered in a leather/suede combo. DVD entertainment is now standard, AFAIK. As well as the bumper overrided and 'Pajero' lower door graphics which were [expensive] options during the earlier days.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    in my opinion, the look of this pajero is a classic/modern at the same time. it looks good. but for the price, its not worth it. as people mentioned, i would rather get the fortuner or other 4x4 suv.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    old and not worth it IMO

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For 1.8M petot they should have at least made it a 4x4 already. What's the point of a Pajero if it doesn't have 4WD?

I really don't get how they can price it that much... they should have already recouped their initial investment for the Gen 2Pajero... they could have kept the Gen 2.5 as a "cheaper" alternative to the oh-so-pricey Gen 3. Sadly its price is keeping it out of the main mid-size SUV fight (Fortuner, Alterra, Santa Fe, etc.).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    How 'bout a Sorento? IMHO, paying P1.8M for a Pajero that ain't a 4WD is too much. BTW, i saw a 4WD starex (new facelift)...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you are really that passionate about Pajeros (like me) then it will be good for you but not exactly value for money (engine wise).

For me, if I have that kind of cash then I'd go for the newer generation engines found in the likes of the Fortuner. Newer, more efficient common rail engines compliment the sharp, more modern lines of today's SUVs compared to the FM's slightly outdated exterior.

Consider this from Nissan:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Memphis Raines
    ganda naman nyan sir.
    makarating kaya yan dito sa pilipinas?
    hehehe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Pajero Fielmaster – Worth pa ba at P1.8M?