New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Mga friends, I'm planning to buy a FieldMaster Pajero year 01 or 02 and looking the pricess on the AD is more likely a little less than 1M. The mileage is less than 50K and 1st owners.
    Is the prices is right for that year model? What are the pros and cons for this model.
    Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sounds right.

pros: 3-way adjustable suspension (soft-medium-hard), leather seats, 4-wheel disc brakes (*ehem*), driver's side airbags, extendable sunvisors, tire pressure monitoring system, headlamp washers, compass/altimeter and barometer, inclinometer, dual aircon. and depending on where you look, kung swerte, you can still get a 4x4 variant if 2001 model.

cons: ladder-on-frame construction will definitely not give a smooth car-like ride. a con for me as well is the bench-type 3rd row seats (mas marami nasasakay, mas pwedeng malaspag).

let's wait for the other pajero owners to chime in. afaik la na m/t that time so lahat a/t.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cons: the price of the electronic shocks when it comes time to replace them. Kaya papalitan ko na lang ng non-adjustable gas shocks.

The seatbelts on the second row are ill-configured. It has four seatbelts instead of three. When you wear the three-point seatbelts sa second row, you are forced to the door dahil ang lapit ng buckle.

The Field Master seatbelts are also very sensitive. Lock ng lock unlike the Japanese made seatbelts ng GEN II.

Madami din namang Pros.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    otep: mas sensitive pala seatbelts nun? hmmm...

weird lang siguro ako, i like the feeling when i get pressed into the belt. i dunno...hehe!

another pro: fold-down yung 2nd row seats so you can load longer stuff inside. longest load i've put in was a modular exercise equipment (nakabaklas pa).

Pajero Field Master (2001 0r 2002)