New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I guess in summary, you need the Santa Fe, but you want the ASX.

I'd go for the Santa Fe, it will be probably be the more comfortable of the two.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    if you are leaning on ASX because its 4x4, why not consider the Tucson its 4x4 and a diesel seating capacity is the same with ASX but a lot cheaper.

but if you are to chose bet sta fe and asx, ASX would be my choice...nice car indeed.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i pick the hyundai Sta. Fe, ika nga ng nabanggit nila, strong and powerful Engine (hyundai taglay ang dakilang CRDI), large Cabin and nice look(ok na rin ung design nya, kahit simple lang) although di ko naman sinasabing pangit yung design ng ASX(angas nga e, shark looking and jet fighter inspired grill is a plus for me sa design ng ASX) ah, pero share na sila sa design ng EX (when it comes to front profile) e,

pero sabi nyo e gagamitin nyong for urban purposes and province use din, dun sa farm nyo, hmm,...bakit SUV pa, parang hindi bagay e, magddrive ka ng SUV sa Farm,..baka pwedeng PICK UP na lang po,...(hindi naman sa pinakikialaman ko yung decision nyu ah, suggestion lang)

STA.FE...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Like i said, this is one decision that has really been eating on me.. I'd love to have a 4wd just in case I need to get out of a rut, but it's pretty much useless the rest of the time.

About the ladder frame, pick-up based suggestion, I suppose it's either a Montero or Fortuner that comes to mind. Cheaper by a bit and that stance shouts testosterone overload... But then I've heard of a few of 'em turning turtle, the harsh,choppy ride, not to mention those two are the staple of auto-thieves' radars, like blinking angry red targets. That's why i scratched 'em out of my shortlist.

Do keep it coming. I need to get myself a Xmas gift before I spend all the money on something else entirely or lose it at a poker table

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    pero sabi nyo e gagamitin nyong for urban purposes and province use din, dun sa farm nyo, hmm,...bakit SUV pa, parang hindi bagay e, magddrive ka ng SUV sa Farm,..baka pwedeng PICK UP na lang po,...(hindi naman sa pinakikialaman ko yung decision nyu ah, suggestion lang)

We already have one for farm use, a workhorse tough as nails mitsubishi strada

I can't imagine using a Santa Fe or an ASX for farm work, other than to take home a box of freshly harvested mangoes and a large bag of veggies. A Santa Fe would be ok so long as I stay on the dirt tracks, I'd be riding in relative comfort. A sudden heavy downpour though and those tracks turn into a light mudtrail, and I'd be wishing I had a 4x4. In my case, a midget softroader with minimal ground clearance and jetfighter pretensions. Choices, choices....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    We already have one for farm use, a workhorse tough as nails mitsubishi strada

I can't imagine using a Santa Fe or an ASX for farm work, other than to take home a box of freshly harvested mangoes and a large bag of veggies. A Santa Fe would be ok so long as I stay on the dirt tracks, I'd be riding in relative comfort. A sudden heavy downpour though and those tracks turn into a light mudtrail, and I'd be wishing I had a 4x4. In my case, a midget softroader with minimal ground clearance and jetfighter pretensions. Choices, choices....
    Then get another Strada 4x4.

Kidding aside. I'll pick Santa Fe. You're not going hardcore 4x4 all the time, so a terrain passable by a jeepney will be ok with a 4x2 SUV.

ASX is techie. Santa Fe is sheer brute.

I'll go with the latter.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *satyricon

Just buy the Mitsu ASX 4x4 2.0L and have a happy life. It is obvious that you are deciding between "practical" and "heart's desire" in a SUV.

In choosing the ASX, your only major compromise would be fuel consumption and some space (which you don't really need anyway).

Personally I would rather choose the ASX 4x2 but since you do drive on unpaved roads, having the 4x4 might be handy (although it doesn't have that much clearance under the vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    note to me and the korean fan boys: this is a Mitsubishi ASX sales thread capitalizing on the popularity of the Santa FE
    FTW!

Hyundai Santa Fe for me. Pero kung gusto talaga ng ASX, yun nalang kunin mo.

Pero kung kailangan ng Santa Fe, yun ang dapat. Unahin ang kailangan bago gusto.

Sa CUV walang silbi ang 4X4. Yung Tucson at CR-V ko 4X4, wala rin naman nangyayari..

Re:
    Santa Fe:
    -nice size, incredible engine, improved consumption (crdi/evgt), upscale interior... but it's only a 4x2 and the image you get when driving one puts you right smack in midlife-crisis category.
    I don't mind driving a base model Santa Fe. At least we afford to buy one. At isa pa bata pa naman ako. Nyahaha
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; December 7th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    *satyricon

Just buy the Mitsu ASX 4x4 2.0L and have a happy life. It is obvious that you are deciding between "practical" and "heart's desire" in a SUV.

In choosing the ASX, your only major compromise would be fuel consumption and some space (which you don't really need anyway).

Personally I would rather choose the ASX 4x2 but since you do drive on unpaved roads, having the 4x4 might be handy (although it doesn't have that much clearance under the vehicle.
    ...i think you just hit it on the head: It's the porma/tech induced thrill promised by the ASX and the laid back, cool and collected, maturity reflected by the SF. Still doesn't make it any easier.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    ...i think you just hit it on the head: It's the porma/tech induced thrill promised by the ASX and the laid back, cool and collected, maturity reflected by the SF. Still doesn't make it any easier.
    it's mind over matter mate... or fulfill what your heart desires
    first and foremost is to test drive both cars... this will give you a reason not to regret your decision afterward... if you don't want to look mature as your real age then get a 2-seat sports car hehe
    well for me? i'd still pick an SF over an ASX anytime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
P1.5M budget: 4x2 Santa Fe vs. Full option Mitsu ASX?