New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys and owners, need your advice and experiences here....

2 cars were offered to me, both at same price and similar mileage and at same price... 2004 Optra Sedan 1.6 LS and a 2004 Vios 1.3E.

May I know what you think and what would be your pick? and Why?

San mas maganda ride?
    San credible performance?
    San mas low maintenance?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Optra. More space for passengers and bigger wheel base translates to better ride.
    I've driven one. Feels good, looks good too.

This would come up also -> Fuel efficiency.
    Of course if yun ang habol mo...Vios ka kung city driving.
    If you are frequently going to provinces = Optra ka...I'll assume you'll be gunning it, like I do.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the optra is a korean car. but it's bigger. the vios would hold its value better if you intend to sell it after a few years. but if you intend to keep it forever, the optra is more car for the same money. reliability is more suspect though (korean vs japanese-but-made-in-thailand).

personally, i'd go for the optra. the vios is cramped and noisy on the highway. the optra is supposed to have pretty good sound insulation though not as good as the ford focus.

also check if the optra's computer has been reprogrammed. you can save quite a lot of fuel that way.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    For the Optra try searching for the thread about Optra.
    For me I'd go for Vios because its Toyota and its worth it.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I hope OPtra is more reliable because parts of OPTRA is more expensive than of VIOS. Though I haven't heard much complains from OPTRA Owners.

How many kl per liter does OPTRA and VIOS comsumes?

Any more good/bad experiences with OPTRA?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If faced with the situation i might lean towards the Vios due to fuel efficiency, parts/service availability and resale.

The advantage of the optra is primarily in being a bigger car with better appointments.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I own an Optra and i would suggest the Vios instead of the Chevy.
    The chevy optras ride is nice and it is spacious but it really is a gas guzzler.
    i could get around 8+km/l but thats with mixed city/highway and mostly no A/C.
    average is around 7km/L.
    Service and parts are more expensive, my last CASA tune up cost 8+K. and thats without any major parts replacments.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would think the gas guzzling issue is solved na with the 2nd generation optras.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I would think the gas guzzling issue is solved na with the 2nd generation optras.
    Hi, what year model ang 2ng Gen Optras?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Pwede din ipa ECU reprogram sa Chevy yung mga older Optra at no cost.

==

Personally, I'll go with the Optra. It is bigger, bigger and bigger! Did I say that it is big?

Seriously, the Optra has a better ride & acceleration than the Vios. Just don't throw it around the corners like Schumacher though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OPTRA vs VIOS