New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Might as well throw it to the group. We probably have to get 2 new units by the end of the year -- a van and a cuv. There's some flexibility on which to get first but each decision has its problem as follows:

Choice Set A:

VAN
    Starex -- Problema pangatlong starex na namin ito if ever at sawang sawa na kami sa itsura. Gusto lang namin matipid, reliable, ok ang ride, at may 'ilong'. OK sana yung 4x4 variant kaso since no one keeps it in stock, ang hirap makakuha ng OK na deal which for me is the only thing that can be done to overcome our 'pagka-sawa'.

Innova -- Bukod sa ang dami ng may Innova sa kalye, nakakatakot ang d4d engine woes issues. Pero may isa pang option -- unahin muna ang cuv:

Choice Set B:
    CUV
    Forester 2.0 -- Bukod sa konti pa lang ang parts, balita ko masikip daw ang likod. Eh matataba pa naman pamilya ko. In either case, since the alternate comes out in march yet, might as well wait for that, right?

CRV 07 -- Great reputation, space, etc. Kaya lang ine-expect ko may mga problem pa sa unang labas so kung siya ang top choice sa 4, hindi pa puwede until the end of the year. In which case, madedelay ang choice sa Set A to early next year -- mawawalan ng van pang road trip sa summer!

Ano sa tingin niyo dapat gawin?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Starex and Tucson gasoline

baka bigyan ka ng malaki discount ng Hyundai kung kunin mo sabay hehehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sa van, starex pa rin ang maganda. i won't consider innova as a van. wagon lang sa akin ito with a 3rd row seat which is uncomfortable lalo na malalaki pamilya mo. if you have your old starex with you, stick on to it and better wait for the new model starex. sa compact utiolity vehicle, ok nga ang tucson. you have other choices though.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maninibago kayo talaga sa Innova, ang liit niya compared to the Starex. Mas matigas ang ride niya, but it's not really uncomfortable. It's also a bit easier to drive.

But the Starex is more flexible and useable.

----

The CUVs are really nice, terrific ang driveability and ride comfort compared to the Starex.... BUT... are you ready for the gas bills?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I drive a 2001 Subaru Forester and its extremely reliable and very quiet compared to the 2006 Toyota Camry. Parts used to be very hard to find during GM's days but Subaru Greenhills has remedied that problem. If your family members are above 170 lbs, I think the rear can accomodate 2 comfortably, 3 is sardines-like. The handling is terrific and you'll definitely appreciate that during the rain, overtaking at curves, performing fast U-turns and ample overtaking abilities. Until now, I'm not tempted to get even the turbo Forester XT since rpm at 100 km/hr is at 2100-2200, at 120 km/hr is at 2400-2500. City driving fuel economy ranges from 7 - 8.5 km/li. I'm just waiting for a diesel Forester to come before upgrading since the engine will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show next month. I got this from MotorImage email newsletter.

Hope this can help you decide.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maraming salamat sa mga nag-reply. More opinions are welcome po! Please keep it going kasi the decision will fix my family's vehicle use for the next 4-5 years.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Up ko lang. Sana more opinions pa po.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with:

Starex... IMO... kahit sawa na kayo sa itsura, it still is a reliable people carrier. No stories yet of the Hyundai / Kia CRDi engine (as used in the Starex, Sedona and Sorento) conking out at 140kph. :rofl:

Forester 2.0... the interior space is just average IMO. And it drives great (please see my signature). Plus, the new CR-V is just plain FUGLY... and knowing local dealerships, they'll charge you an arm & a leg for any newly released vehicle.

Opinions Please: Starex/Innova OR CRV/Forester