New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    *TS Mas naging patas siguro ang laban kung Hyundai Sta. Fe vs. Mitsubishi Montero Sport because of the seating capacity. Hyundai Tucson and Mitsubishi Montero Sport came from different breeds of SUV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Go for monty na lang since you need the space. But it won't be the same as having a tucson.
    Is it worth it sir? actually more than 5 months na ko naghihintay ng unit. hhe
    Performance wise, which is better?

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dy1jaw View Post
    I haven't drive the monty.. but I'm pretty much happy with the performance of my tucson.. =)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denki3269 View Post
    I haven't drive the monty.. but I'm pretty much happy with the performance of my tucson.. =)
    Is yours CRDI or Theta II sir? I've read na mejo significant in term of performance ang Theta II and CRDI engines ng Tucson.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Some Mitsubishi dealers will extend the warranty (dealer's warranty on top of Mitsubishi) of the Monty to 5 years for an additional cost. The extended warranty cost in our case with our dealer is equivalent to the offered prevailing dealer's discount on the Monty's sticker price. Just ask your Mitsubishi dealer about this option.
    ba't ba hindi na lang straight 5 years para wala ng problema. Mitsu in the states offer 10 years warranty. so why not offer it here?
    unless they really cant warrant their vehicles free of defect in 5 years

the Montero is a very expensive car. imho, dapat 5 years yan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa US uso na ang 10 year power train warranty even Hyundai offers that. Remember though Mitsubishi in the US is considered a LEMON BRAND, an unreliable brand. So they have to do it to convince buyers... Dito ibang usapan...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dy1jaw View Post
    The Monty is worth having. But from the tone of your words I feel your heart belongs to the Tucson. I suggest you take time to test drive both SUVs for you to get a subjective feel.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    you need the space right? i say go for the ms since you cannot compromise space. it doesnt matter if you have a car that performs very well if you feel cramped inside...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Eto personal experience, nakisakay ako sa Theta II Tucson ng officemate ko. 1 hour trip, tatlo kami sa likod, ako nasa gitna. Sakit ng butt ko dahil medyo may umbok sa gitna ang seat, matigas pa. Then matagtag. Wala akong motion sickness but i got dizzy riding a car for the first time. Hirap pa lumabas at sumakay pag sa likod ka galing. As far as the monty is concerned, i haven't rode in one yet so no comment.

As to 5 years warranty ng Hyundai, trap yan kasi ibig sabihin, for 5 years mandatory ka sumunod sa "time interval" sa PMS schedule, meaning, kahit di mo nagamit ang car mo, you still have to bring it for PMS dahil umabot na siya sa time required. Mahal yun. Pag di mo naman sundin, magkakabutas warranty claim mo if ever. Personal experience din 'to.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    The Monty is worth having. But from the tone of your words I feel your heart belongs to the Tucson. I suggest you take time to test drive both SUVs for you to get a subjective feel.
    you're quite correct sir. actually, i've been waiting for the Tucson for the last 5 months already. it's just this month that we considered the Monty because of Tucson's availability. I already have test driven both. Indeed, the Monty is spacious! The only concern for me in chosing the Monty is because I have to shell out an additional 200K more which is quite a large amount.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by denki3269 View Post
    Same with denki.

IMHO kulang sa lakas yung Monty. 4X4 M/T pa yung amin.

Pero para sa requirements mo, Montero Sport ang para sa'yo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
opinions needed: hyundai gls or montero sport gls