New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    pros and cons about this car?

TIA

eugs...mapapa- "OH-MEGA" :doh: ka sa parts at service..may PM ako sayo about it..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yes mataas talaga ang service at parts ng car na ito..pero if you'll think about it (i have an opel omega) ala akong pinagsisihan sa sasakyan na ito..kung matino kang owner at hindi mo pinababayaan ang kotse sigurado it will last you 5x to 8x than any average car on the street..Its on the matter of maintenance lang naman...ang parts niya mahal nga pero makakaasa ka naman na magtatagal ito at siguradong matibay!!! Luxury and comfort at hand ala ako masabi..driving experience and power solid..better than the accord,cefiro,camry that ive driven...200KPH alang kahirap hirap abutin..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I've seen a few of those...

The only value proposition is that it's cheap for it's class. And there's a reason for this, parts cost a lot.

The whole "it will last a long time" bit is probably true. But this statement is also true of BMW. And considering that the price of BMW parts is even less than for the Opel Omega... saan ka pa?

I think for the current price of an Opel Omega, I would rather have a late E36 BMW 320. Like a 1997 or 1998 model. Although a car that old will soon need new shocks (and BMW's use Bilstein shocks, at 35K for a set).

I'd still trust a 1997 BMW over a 1999 Opel, all other things being equal. The Opel, although German, is made by a GM company. Just don't compare a super-pampered Opel with a beat-up BMW.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    I've seen a few of those...

The only value proposition is that it's cheap for it's class. And there's a reason for this, parts cost a lot.

The whole "it will last a long time" bit is probably true. But this statement is also true of BMW. And considering that the price of BMW parts is even less than for the Opel Omega... saan ka pa?

I think for the current price of an Opel Omega, I would rather have a late E36 BMW 320. Like a 1997 or 1998 model. Although a car that old will soon need new shocks (and BMW's use Bilstein shocks, at 35K for a set).

I'd still trust a 1997 BMW over a 1999 Opel, all other things being equal. The Opel, although German, is made by a GM company. Just don't compare a super-pampered Opel with a beat-up BMW.
    Id probably buy a BMW then before I bought my Opel Omega..Hmmnn about the priice medyo hindi sila nagkakalayo pagdating sa parts and service...Would have bought a BWM kaso when I test out a BMW and an Opel?..the driving comfort ng Opel was best for me aside from the leg room cause im kind of tall so kailangan ko ng malaking kotse..Difference ng dalawa is that when I drove a BMW its too stressful to drive...masyadong alert ang kilos at kailangan mo laging mag adjust sa mga sudden changes ng sasakyan like turning and sudden stops...yung sa opel its plug and play,drive and stop,,turn and balance....welll I guess its different strokes for different folks hehehe well pampered nga sa akin ang opel ko..I watch it like a hawk pag pinapatune up ko..i personally do the changing of coolant and I use wilkins distilled water paniguradong alang mineral deposits sa radiator in the long run...just proper maintenance and care and you'll get the best for it...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Any pampered car will perform well. You probably got lucky.

But judging from the past posts here on Tsikot, the majority of owners can't seem to get rid of theirs fast enough, due to horrendous parts cost for what is, after all, a GM car.

I did try an E46 BMW once. You are right, it's very jumpy. But then so is the Mazda3, and I have no complaints with that.

Opel Omega 99