[SIZE=5]Would like to ask ang mga proffessional opinions nyo...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]1. Performance[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]2. Looks[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]3. Reliability[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]4. Durability[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Maraming TY po....[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Madalang pa lang kasi ang Subaru dito kaya fresh ang dating ng LOOKS. As for the RELIABILTY & DURABILITY, the Mitsubishi had their share of bad products in the past. PERFORMANCE? Both brands are active participants in Rallye racings. I'd go for the Subaru.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; September 4th, 2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: tao lang po

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    durability pag napanuod niyo po yung mga rally dati lagi nasisira mitsu hehe

subaru po ako

sa performance parang subaru parin ako eh:P

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo kenneth View Post
    [SIZE=5]Good day mga fellow Tsikoters...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Would like to ask ang mga professional opinions nyo...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]2. Looks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Maraming TY po....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]correction PROFESSIONAL...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The EX and the Subaru 2.0R are similar in terms of performance... but the GLS? I thought that Mitsu was only selling the EX in MX, GTA and GT. The GLS is, as far as I remember, not the new EX model, but the previous generation Cedia-based Lancer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Para sa akin choice ko Subaru . My brother own one in the states . He use it for daily driving until now still strong with a 220,000 + MILES on it .As long as it has Proper maintanance change oil every 3000 Miles. Even though it not a 2008 Impresa 2.0 based on his experience in engine durability, reliability, performace . I`ll choose SUBARU.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Nice thread. I was about to ask the same question. Good thing I saw this one. But what I have in mind is the Lancer EX GT/GT-A model, not the Lancer EX GLS/GLX models since both GT/GT-A are above the 1M++ price tag, as well as the Impreza 2.0R. Additionally, I was eyeing for the Impreza 2.0R 5-door, not the 4-door.

Anyway, my thoughts on this one would go like this:
    Though I have not driver one, I looked at the specs and the Lancer EX GT/GT-A is a tad more powerful and torquier than Impreza 2.0R. Lancer EX has a very slight advantage on this one given they have the same curb weight.

[SIZE=5]2. Looks[/SIZE]
    This is a base to base casis It's up to you. But either way, you won't go wrong with the looks.

Still can't tell since I don't own one (just planning to own one). Though both are used in Rally racing, both cars maybe can be relied on.

Both are still relatively new, and you can only count with your fingers if you see one when you drive from home to your office. Maybe Lancer EX and Impreza 2.0R owners can give their thoughts on this one.

Just another note, since Subaru has only one dealer here in the Philippines, you're left with no other choice but to always consult them. So -1 point to Impreza.

I'm more inclined to Lancer EX. But that's with a personal note.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The EX and the Subaru 2.0R are similar in terms of performance... but the GLS? I thought that Mitsu was only selling the EX in MX, GTA and GT. The GLS is, as far as I remember, not the new EX model, but the previous generation Cedia-based Lancer.
    There's a GLS, even a GLX version of the 2008 Lancer EX. These are the Lancer EXs that come in stock/bare. They don't have rear spoilers, skirts, 18" mags, etc. that come with the GT/GT-A versions.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah. So if it's a base version, then the performance nod turns slightly to the Subaru 2.0R.

1. Performance:

AT to AT, the Subaru is no match for the Lancer in terms of straightline performance. MT to MT, it's an even match. And the MT Impreza has a low-range gearbox. Fun stuff.

In terms of driving appeal, the Subaru 2.0R MT and the Lancer EX GTA and GT are almost par... the Lancers with 18" wheels have more grip, while the Subaru has better composure and is more tail-happy when you push it. Against a base Lancer with the puny 16" wheels, the Subaru is vastly better.

2. Looks:

Purely subjective. I'd give the higher-end Lancer a nod, but base Lancer to base Impreza, it's about even.

3. Reliability:

Rally cars have almost nothing to do with the base cars. The turbocharged engines in the EVO and WRX STI are chock full of forged parts and more expensive engine internals. The bodyshells are also different, with extra stitch and seam-welding... the transmissions and differentials are heavy duty... and the suspensions are heavily upgraded. And these are the Group N cars. For the higher end machines, both cars are stripped to the bare shell and rebuilt with motorsports specific parts that bring the cost of each car to around a million dollars.

Subaru's record is not spotless, but I'd pick one over an old Mitsubishi. But the current Mitsubishi, with its Hyundai-Mitsubishi engine and grounds-up redesign... is still an unknown quantity. It might be better than old Mitsus... it might not.

4. Durability:

Same question. Same answer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Subaru for me. Performance is pretty much the same since they`re carrying the same engine displacement which is 2.0

Space wise, a +1 for the lancer. The EX has a trunk while the impreza doesnt ( except for the sedan )

Reliability - Subbie for me

Looks - GLS versus Impreza = Impreza

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    subaru po.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which one will you prefer Lancer EX GLS 2008 or Subaru 2008 Impresa 2.0R