New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hello,

im new here.. i tried to search over the forum but i only see comparison between spark 1.2MT and 1.0AT. but how about 1.0MT and 1.2MT?

im planning to buy my 1st car.. i like something compact, fuel efficient, great exterior design. so i decided to buy Chevy Spark.. but im confused between 1.0 and 1.2MT. my number 1 priority is fuel efficiency. but im wondering if 1.0MT wont be having a problem with uphill roads. any thoughts guys?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    it depends on your daily route, if city driving ka lang 1.0 is enough and more fuel efficient.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.0 MT is a better deal. The 1.2 has more pogi points, but you don't get a better radio or leather. The only real benefit for the 1.2 is it's quicker at high speed. In traffic, they're exactly the same.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    how about uphill for 1.0MT? wont there be any problem?

thanks a lot guys for the infos...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanrocks View Post
    how about uphill for 1.0MT? wont there be any problem?

thanks a lot guys for the infos...
    The 1.0MT does uphills well enough. If you are familiar with the steep uphill roads in the Ortigas Center area near Valle Verde Country Club, the Spark will do that fine. We didn't test it on parking ramps though.

Weirdly, the 1.0L feels better to drive than the 1.2L variant. The 1.2L feels rather "dead" in midrange of it's RPM range only to give a bit more power nearly the top end of the RPM range.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    what kind of uphills are you looking at? and it would also depend on the number of passengers you normally have

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The 1.0MT does uphills well enough. If you are familiar with the steep uphill roads in the Ortigas Center area near Valle Verde Country Club, the Spark will do that fine. We didn't test it on parking ramps though.

Weirdly, the 1.0L feels better to drive than the 1.2L variant. The 1.2L feels rather "dead" in midrange of it's RPM range only to give a bit more power nearly the top end of the RPM range.
    not familiar sa place.. pero salamat sa info sir... i guess 1.0L will do... di ko din kelangan mag add on sa 1.2.. concern ko lang ang mga uphills...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
    what kind of uphills are you looking at? and it would also depend on the number of passengers you normally have
    mga dalawa lang sa sakay so ok na siguro yun... uphills like baguio or road papunta Caliraya Laguna...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Meron akong nakaksabay na mga chevy spark paakyat ng moa parking, meron yung minsan nabitin siya paakyat at ako nasa likod niya. Nung binuksan ko windows may nangangamoy na sakanya, I dont know kung clutch niya yun o gulong. I suggest you get the 1.2, para more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Meron akong nakaksabay na mga chevy spark paakyat ng moa parking, meron yung minsan nabitin siya paakyat at ako nasa likod niya. Nung binuksan ko windows may nangangamoy na sakanya, I dont know kung clutch niya yun o gulong. I suggest you get the 1.2, para more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's just a bad driver. The Spark has a decently short first gear and good off-idle torque.

One thing people seem to forget... these new microcars may have just 0.8 to 1 liter engines, but they have 60 or so horsepower.
    That's not much less than a Mitsubishi Adventure, with just half the weight.

I've driven an Eon up a mountain road steeper than any parking ramp. No problemo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast