New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga experts,

which one is best buy for mazda? mazda3 1.6L , mazda3 2.0L or mazda 6?

considering prices and fuel efficiency.... pag mazda2.0L kasi almost the same price with mazda 6 na din...pero habol ko din family use lang kaya baka not appropriate mz6.

There are rumors na mas fuel efficient pa yung mz3 2.0L kesa sa mz3 1.6L...proven na po ba ito? I mean may mga tests or studies na po ba dito...i'm considering of getting one kasi...prices are different kaya gus2 ko sana sulit yung pag buy ko....

salamat po.....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The old Mazda6 is a much sportier car than the Mazda3, personally. If you can still get NOS (new old stock) of the old 6, it's a great drive.

Only problem with buying a midsized car in the Philippines is that it's hard to sell one secondhand. Basically, it's yours forever...

As for consumption... the 1.6 suffers mostly in traffic, where the engine has to work harder to move the heavy car. But if you drive it gently (in other words, don't mash the gas looking for extra acceleration), it should get decent fuel economy... especially with the programming revisions on the current Mazda3.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If you plan to sell the car in like 5 years, go for the Mazda 3.

You can find the fuel consumption of the both 1.6L and 2.0L engines at this forum. But be reminded that a 1.6L engine will be the most common car, therefore more parts. Mazda 3's will also have higher resale value in the near future because midsize sedans tend to guzzle more fuel thus making the 2nd hand market for this car to be lesser which equates to a forced lower resale value.

Each car definitely has its pros and cons. But for me, the Mazda 3 is more of a family car compared to the Mazda 6. It's easier to drive around town too!

Btw sir, please avoid text typing.
    iam3739.com

Which one is best buy? Mazda 3 or Mazda 6