New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    As I have posted in the goon squad my water station workhorse (L300FB)is kinda "mainit sa mata" ng anti smoke belching holduppers ng gobyerno. Im contemplating on replacing it with a more "iwas huli" vehicle that can do the job.

The job is to deliver water in 5 gallon jugs. So Im thinking pick up or van. The budget is in the vicinity of P250,000.

Simple yet sturdy mechanical and engine parts (para kung na ondoy man hindi fatal)

Easy maintenance, good fuel economy, good suspension ( can carry 20-25 five gallon containers with ease. Madali ayusin, meaning kahit si Mang Kanor's talyer kaya gawin.

Im thinking 10-12year old nissan frontiers,isuzu ls models,L200 pickups,nissan vans,kia besta,adventures and the like.

Kaso mainitin din sila basta isuzu. How bout the others Ive mentioned pinagiinitan din ba. Pag van kasi kung heavily tinted pwede mapagkamalan private. Your thought guys?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    stick with your L300FB. ako nga bibile pa ng isa pa eh. randomness lang naman yan huli

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am not sure but have you checked into Suzuki Multicabs if they can be adapted to your needs?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Gh nag tingin nako ng galing Cebu yung mga "Y" ang plaka marami naka display sa Mindanao Ave, 190k reconditioned tapos ilang cc lang ang makina, parang medyo alanganin ako.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    same situation we had before. ung mga pickups namin e nahuhuli ng smoke belching(2000 Nissan Frontier and FX pickup).
    Well we bought a used US version 1993 Hilux xtracab, 2.4L gas engine. wala ng huli, nadadala ko pa nga sa makati e. na-ondoy din sya and madali lang na-repair.

problem na lang e malakas sa gasolina

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am not sure but have you checked into Suzuki Multicabs if they can be adapted to your needs?
    Me too. Fuel efficiency (1.0 Engine) also easy to maintain. Kapag diesel matipid rin kaya lang kapag na tiyempo ka ng pulis, huhulihin ka (smoke belching).Kadalasan nasa edsa sila (parte ng makati from underpass ng ayala norhbound). Ang alam ko na makaka bili ng brand new na Multicab (Or Bravo 1.0), sa Suzuki Commonwealth at E. Rodriguez ave. Sr.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i dont know much about the choices but ill pick the frontier kaso baka hindi kaya sa 250k. pero kung meron sa 250k... panalo!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir id suggest you get your L300 a good tune up..and take it to an emissions testing center.. and if it passes get a guideline of how emissions testing should be done..like how high the RPM should be and all that stuff.. because those MMDA roadside emissions testing centers are not following the protocols of how diesel engines should be tested..do when your van is tested again.. show them the mandate of how its supose to be done..

half of them dont know what they are doing.. any diesel engine even the latest CRDI models will produce black smoke if you press the accelerator pedal suddenly..

and almost all their emissions machines are calibrated for you to fail.. kaya asked them to check their MMDA vechicle that is also parked on the side to see if it passes their way of checking for smoked belching..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    super cheap, pwede yung mga tamaraw FX na cab type pero gasoline.

mura na, matibay pa, at never na uusok kagaya ng diesel.

for additional savings, pwede salpakan ng LPG at gawing dual fuel system. hindi uubos ng 250K ito i think. may sukli ka pa pang add sa capital...

downside, you have to stack the water properly since isa lang loading exit/entry unlike sa open pickups na pwede mag offload sa sides.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Gh nag tingin nako ng galing Cebu yung mga "Y" ang plaka marami naka display sa Mindanao Ave, 190k reconditioned tapos ilang cc lang ang makina, parang medyo alanganin ako.
    It is just that I have seen some water stations use this kind of vehicle to deliver 5gallon bottles to their customers. Although the engine is small (900cc to 1000cc), the low gearing of the gearbox seems to give it the ability to cope with the heavy loads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Old van or old pickup