New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which Old School Mitsu do you like?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boxtype

10 62.50%
  • 1st Gen

3 18.75%
  • Others like Galants, Celeste, etc

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If you had to choose between an old school Boxtype or a 1st gen (Bar or L-type) coupe which would you select for a car to play and drive around the metro in. Why?

Am contemplating between both Japanese cars for a coding vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    box type for me

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Box type :2thumbsup:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to own both... i prefer the box... and yes, the one that i previously owned was an 86 GT box.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i used to own both... i prefer the box... and yes, the one that i previously owned was an 86 GT box.
    Am starting to realize that maybe it is not bad to keep the 86 GT box instead of unloading to get a 1st gen?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The box type Lancer was selling like hot cakes during 82 to 87, sure wish they had power steering back in those days. Easy to maintain and can carry mods too.

I would choose the box type vs the l-type Lancer.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Chief, my absolute pick is the Box Type. Had one before and its so reliable and easy to maintain. By the way, my other or next pick would be the:

2. Colt Galant
    3. Celeste
    4. Bow Type Galant
    5. Colt

(Obvious Mitsu Lover yata?)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd get the L-type Lancer anyday. Better handling car and it's small enough to squeeze in small parking spaces. Our family had one and it was a hoot to drive.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    box type yan ang sedan na sporty but if you want more retro and sporty look go for L type or bar type coupe at sa patibayan matibay ito sa lahat ng lancer.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    as you can see my avatar! hehehe BOXTYPE padin hehehe thats my 2nd car...1st one is boxtype din nacarnap nga lang sa skul back in college days hehehe....i had 1.8 saturn engine 4 disc brake 84mdl boxtype...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which Old School Lancer do you prefer to drive?