New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    For me buy brand new, dahil hindi sasakit ang ulo mo, sa vintage car restoration eh madalas masira kahit anung gawin mo, may masisira at masisira pa din yan, my dad likes to restore vintage car, perfect na ung car nagagamit na pero after ilan weeks may masisira na part etc,etc hindi mo na maperfect ang restoration, pwera na lang palitan lahat ng wear and tear parts ayun. so ang gastos is pareho sa brand new na, sa fuel consumption pa lang eh mas ok na ang brand new

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    restoring an old school car back to tip-top condition (like brandnew) will cost almost about the same as buying a brandnew (not even secondhand) na oto.

a secondhand will not necessarily be cheap (unless you got a good condition one)... depending on the state/condition of the secondhand car.

as such if its for a daily drive then go for a 2nd hand.

if for pleasure and convenience then go for a brandnew.

if it is your passion to restore an oldschool...go for the restoration.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a 24 year old car back in the US and I drive it daily. Not a single problem, just basic maintenance and "upgrades".

On the other hand, our 2004 Jazz recently had driver window problems and was called in for a recall from Honda Fairview, but we haven't had the time to take it in yet. Its battery also got discharged once when my dad was visiting us in the US. Now that I'm in Manila for a while I'll be driving the Jazz, it's a very good daily driver but I miss my MB's.

Nothing beats the character and "soul" of old school cars, if that's what you're after.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    tama cla kung daily drive brandnew na para alang sakit ng ulo

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    practicality and comfort, i'll go for a brand new car

old school kasi dami pa aayusin. pero if you want to learn the basics maganda mag start sa old school.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you have to ask, get a new(er) car. Restoring a car takes a great deal of passion and commitment and is not something you should do if you have to debate it in your mind.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you don't want to spend more it must be the new auto kasi if you buy the old school you will spend more kailangan na lagi ng maintenance lalo na sa engine.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung practicality din lang, I'd go for brand-new.

I don't think I'd go into restoration; I admit wala akong tiyaga sa ganyan eh. I'd probably let someone else worry about putting it back together. If I would really want a vintage car, and I had the money for it, baka bumili na lang ako ng fully restored.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    brand new. safe, comfortable, and no headaches. if you want a daily-drive, nothing fancy, then go for a brand new car.

vintage will cost you a lot, especially if you don't much about cars and you're going to have it restored by a third party. if you'll treat it as a hobby, then you can work on it and just order the parts.

i know some people who has spent more than a brand new car to just put a car "back in to condition".

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    parang hindi match yong 'practical' tapos vintage car, only in rare cases do they come hand in hand, if ever they do. so, get a brand new one na sobrang tipid sa gas...

parang house and lot yan, hindi ka makakakita ng maganda, malaki, nasa exclusive subdivision, at the same time murang-mura.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Old School or Brand New Auto?