New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Please help me choose which is better when it comes to reliability, maintenance, fuel economy, re-sale value, overall performance and general bang for the buck. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sparton; June 4th, 2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added fuel economy

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I say reliability, fuel economy, resale value go to the CRV, and performance goes to the X-Trail. Routine maintenance cost should be pretty much similar for both.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I say reliability, fuel economy, resale value go to the CRV, and performance goes to the X-Trail. Routine maintenance cost should be pretty much similar for both.
    Resale maybe. Nissan is every bit as reliable as a Japanese car can be.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thanks! I thought the CVT model makes X-trail more fuel efficient. Will do more research.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For the same amount of money for the 2.5L Xtrail CVT or CRV 2.0L, the 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi seems to be a better option. You get more space and a more powerful motor plus the fuel efficiency of a diesel. Another alternative is the CX5 with its fuel efficient SkyActiv engine.
    Last edited by Egan101; June 4th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For the same amount of money for the 2.5L Xtrail CVT or CRV 2.0L, the 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi seems to be a better option. You get more space and a more powerful motor plus the fuel efficiency of a diesel. Another alternative is the CX5 with its fuel efficient SkyActiv engine.
    Now it gets more confusing. Our budget is 1.3M (a little more than that will do). Is the Kia brand ok nowadays?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparton View Post
    Now it gets more confusing. Our budget is 1.3M (a little more than that will do). Is the Kia brand ok nowadays?
    It is like asking as if Hyundai is "OK" nowadays as they are sister companies. The Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe share similar chassis and engines. You can opt for the smaller Sportage (Tucson) but the price difference ain't worth it. The Kia Sportage 4x2 CRDi is priced at 1.32M while the 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi is 1.35M. Plus a few dealer discounts, you're just right within your budget.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It is like asking as if Hyundai is "OK" nowadays as they are sister companies. The Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe share similar chassis and engines. You can opt for the smaller Sportage (Tucson) but the price difference ain't worth it. The Kia Sportage 4x2 CRDi is priced at 1.32M while the 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi is 1.35M. Plus a few dealer discounts, you're just right within your budget.
    Thanks for your inputs. I'll take a look at Sorento this weekend. I've read negative things about Hyundai's after-sales services. Hope that's not the case nowadays.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hyundai and Kia have different dealers out here, even though they are sister companies from Korea. You can check out the Kia Cars thread for more details. I think Kia has an event ongoing at BGC. You may want to check them out and ask for a test drive.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    more of city driving CRV, mix ng highway, long drives, mild off-road at city Xtrail,test drive nyo if possible lahat ng choice nyo even un Kia Sorento

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast